Epic Project Director
The Epic Project Director is responsible for the successful planning and execution of a multi-year, multi-facility, enterprise-wide clinical and revenue cycle systems implementation for a major Impact Advisors Epic client. The Epic Project Director reports to the leadership of Impact Advisors and directs the work of the Epic project managers and teams. The Director has dotted-line reporting responsibilities to the Chief Information/Technology Officer and other executives of the client organization.
- Lead engagement planning, budgeting, resource management and execution for complex, large-scale multimillion-dollar Epic implementation and upgrade projects.
- Engage and manage teams of 50 or more professionals, technicians and cross-functional teams.
- Develop and execute project plans utilizing an effective project management methodology and project planning tools for large, complex organizations.
- Provide service excellence by meeting client needs while identifying and solving key client issues.
- Mitigate and manage project risk.
- Manage vendor relationships to ensure project success by managing IT service delivery expectations.
- Identify new business opportunities and participate in development and presentation of client proposals.
- Mentor and coach Impact Advisors associates and participate in ongoing hiring processes for the delivery team and organization.
- Demonstrated success in Program and Project Management in full lifecycle, enterprise-wide implementation(s) of both clinical and revenue cycle Epic applications in acute care and ambulatory environments.
- In-depth understanding of enterprise-wide healthcare applications with a focus on acute care, clinical and revenue cycle applications in an Epic Systems environment.
- Six-plus years directing one or more clinical or revenue cycle systems implementations.
- Ten years of progressive IT management experience or a combination of education and experience in an IT environment, preferably in a professional services/consulting organization.
- Exceptional leadership, organizational and project management skills.
- Understanding of healthcare industry information technology service delivery processes, preferably in a multi-facility health system.
- Ability to establish and maintain project management methodologies for large, complex projects and ensure effective utilization across all project teams.
- Experience with oversight of multiple simultaneous complex projects.
- Demonstrated ability to solve highly complex technical, organizational and operational problems.
- Proven ability to communicate, collaborate and consult effectively with all levels of an organization in a matrixed environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of outcomes management and process improvement methods.
- Proven change agent and mentor.
- Ability to travel weekly to client sites.
Education / Certification:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or equivalent field preferred.
- Epic certification in one or more clinical or financial modules preferred.
- PMP Certification preferred.
- Healthcare certifications or credentials (RPh, RN, MHA, MBA) a plus.
Impact Advisors is a nationally recognized healthcare consulting firm dedicated to improving healthcare through technology and process improvement. As a trusted healthcare leader, we help clients optimize clinical and operational performance through our Best in KLAS® advisory and implementation services.