Description: As a member of the KP Health Connect Operations Management Team, this position is responsible for developing, directing and overseeing highly visible and multifaceted clinical, financial and/or operational projects and services related to the electronic health record in Northern California. Responsible for milestones and project activities in support of either patient care or business delivery across the Northern California region. Establishes strategic plan and long-term objectives critical to the operational success of the electronic health record. The Operations Director plans, organizes, directs, evaluates and coordinates staff within the assigned areas of responsibility. Provides direction to managers in various operational groups within NCAL KP Health Connect.
- Provides leadership and direction to managers in one or more departments within NCAL KP HealthConnect. Directs operational and financial performance of one or more departments within NCAL KP HealthConnect.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with key business partners throughout the organization, including Patient Care Services, TPMG, Revenue Cycle, Program Office, and other Kaiser Permanente regions.
- In conjunction with key business partners, develops and recommends strategic projects related to the electronic health record.
- Accountable for the maintenance of the electronic health record system availability and integrity by ensuring adherence to change management processes and mitigation of system build errors.
- Directs and oversees multifaceted clinical, financial and/or operational projects, ensuring project milestones are met and projects are delivered within budget.Oversees large scale electronic health record system enhancements and upgrades.
- Actively fosters innovation in the department by driving for change in processes and improving efficiencies thereby driving business and clinical excellence.Responsible for quality, risk mitigation, compliance and SOX controls for relevant areas/departments. If applicable, and in coordination with clinical partners, manages patient safety issues and takes immediate corrective action when patient safety issues are identified.
- Fosters a positive and proactive work environment, emphasizing respect for individuals, high standards of quality, customer service, innovation and team work. Fosters strong results orientation within department by motivating staff and developing performance requirements to meet customers' needs and organizational goals. Facilitates the ongoing learning and professional satisfaction and development of staff through training, work assignments, increased responsibility and mentoring.
- Specific departments that are overseen may include one or more of the following: physician directed services; nursing directed services; solution design and program management; training and communications; integration and data services; configuration, access, and compliance.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum five (5) years of management experienceworking with electronic health record systems, health records and/or clinical systems.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in identifying key business issues and developing appropriate action plans in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience leading professionals and managing others through influence and collaboration.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in team building, group interaction, project management, and budget management.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in business process improvement utilizing the tools and data required for supporting business process improvement practice.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in complex analytical problem solving, change management, and group process.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, economics, health care administration, operations research, public health administration, health care informatics, computer sciences or other related field OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Must be able to work in Labor/Management partnership environment.
- Master's degree in business administration, economics, health care administration, operations research, public health administration, health care informatics, computer sciences or other related field preferred.