At Scripps Health, you will experience the pride, support, respect that has been repeatedly recognized as one of the nation’s Top 100 Places to Work.
You’ll be surrounded by people committed to making a difference in the lives of their patients and their teammates. So if you’re open to change, go ahead and unlock your potential.
The Account Manager is responsible for managing medical practice management and EHR software and implementation and maintenance services as part of Scripps Health’s Community Connect affiliate extension program. Establishing and deepening relationships with Scripps Health Affiliates is key, requiring the Account Manager to have a solid understanding of the Affiliate’s business objectives.
The Account Manager will develop a trusted advisor relationship with customers in such that all Community Connect activities are closely aligned with the practice’s needs, allowing the full potential and benefits of the Community Connect solution to be understood. The Account Manager provides competitive information such as bid situations, pricing data, or bundling arrangements in order to establish negotiated pricing contracts for assigned products. Account Managers make phone calls and site visits to prospective medical practices to schedule demonstrations of the Epic offering. Sales activities will be performed both in the office and with requirements to travel to medical practices and related organizations.
The Account Manager will play a vital role throughout the implementation of services – i.e. coordinating key events, ensuring accountability by both the Affiliate and Information Services (IS) Team, and providing key support at the Affiliate location during Epic Go-Live. The Account Manager works under the direction of the Sr. Director of Revenue Cycle working closely with the build team leads, IS Manager, and Program Manager.
- Travel throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers.
- Arrange appointments with prospective customers
- Call on prospects to schedule qualified leads for demonstrations
- Build and maintain key relationships with medical providers and staff.
- Promotes a team atmosphere that is conducive to the overall accomplishment of goals, schedules, and deadlines.
- Responsible for a seamless contractual process (prompt scheduling of demos, follow-up conversations or site visits as needed, prompt scheduling of technical and high-level workflow assessments)
- Collaborates with the Information Services (IS) Implementation Project Manager to create work plans, issues list, decision lists, risks and status reports that meet customers’ needs
- Serves as conduit between the IS team and Affiliate practice during implementation of services (i.e. the Account Manager is responsible for coordinating key implementation events with the Affiliate, and holding the Affiliate accountable to agreed upon terms as set forth in the master agreement)
- Is a frequent attendee of IS build meetings b/w the Affiliate and IT
- Documents key risks and works with the PM to effectively monitor, mitigate, and escalate, where appropriate
- Coordinates all key events b/w IS and the Affiliate (i.e. training, technical dress rehearsal, clinical dress rehearsal (a dry run through of test patients in the Epic system)
- Acts as 'boots on the ground' during Go-Live for Epic Community Connect support (2 week period)
- Ensures highest quality of service provided to the Affiliate (this role is a critical customer service component, therefore the Account Manager’s focus will be on establishing and building the relationship at the onset (sales) and manages the relationship indefinitely, thereafter.
- Understand the operational issues within customers clinical and business operations well enough to represent their needs to the demonstration and engagement teams.
- Identify trends in customer questions and issues
- Provides regular reports to the Affiliate (Scripps Health IT Help Desk report, documenting number of tickets opened, resolved, etc.)
- Maintain high levels of customer satisfaction by providing fast and accurate responses
- Document and manage customer interactions
- Research competitors
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent knowledge and skills obtained through a combination of education, training, and experience with an electronic health record required
- 3 years’ experience operating or implementing an electronic medical record required. Experience with Epic preferred.
- Knowledge of independent ambulatory workflows and operations – prior experience working in an ambulatory setting is strongly desired
- Must be able to travel to attend EPIC training and obtain certification.
Preferred Education/Experience/Specialized Skills/Certification:
- Focused experience in the practice management and revenue cycle domains.
- Electronic health record implementation management experience.
- Working industry knowledge of independent ambulatory practices (primary care or specialty).
- Informatics certification.
- Has lead small projects or technical activities.