Epic Certified Applications Analyst implements and maintains Epic systems and databases to ensure optimum performance. Epic Certified Applications Analyst manages complex Information System projects/products in order to provide automated solutions that meet business needs using the Epic solution. Maintains Epic applications and facilitates updates, new releases and system enhancements; communicates project and team status to internal and external audiences to keep the project team informed. Conducts or participates in system technical and application reviews to determine feasibility, cost and evaluate usefulness; assists in development and training of existing and new employees. Serves as an advocate for VHS needs in all efforts related to the Inova/VHS Alliance. On call required.
- Bachelor's Degree or BSN required for all new hires on or after 1/1/2017
- Active state license for Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse if applicable
- Three years' experience in an IT or healthcare role required (four years required for certified position)
- Epic end user experience preferred
- At least one Epic certification is required (for certified position).
- For the Epic Applications Analyst position, Epic certification in assigned module(s) or as specified by the applications required within 6 months of hire.
- Current Epic certification must be maintained for all essential certifications per Epic Corporation standards.
- Ability to lead meetings, prioritize, resolve conflicts, maintain issues lists and follow a project plan required
- Strong communication and follow-up skills required
- Competent in Microsoft Office required
- Technical knowledge of coordinating, configuring and building healthcare IT to drive quality improvement, meaningful use and safety goals highly preferred
- Knowledge of the regulatory requirements for health system EHR's required
- Experience in change management highly preferred (required for certified position)
- Effective 1/1/2017 Ability to complete competencies, be certified in Epic application(s), receive a letter of recommendation from Epic leadership and advance to Epic Certified Applications Analyst within 2080 hours of employment at Valley Health.
(Additional requirements for certified position)
• Ability to lead and mentor application teams required
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively for content build/project/upgrade as delegated by
project manager/director required
• Experience in intra-system design highly preferred