The Senior Manager is responsible for the oversight and functionality of the company's electronic health record (EHR) system. The ideal candidate will have a leadership background in healthcare IT project management/project development experience as well as direct experience with Epic Ambulatory system management. The initial task will be managing the Epic implementation in the CVS Coram Infusion portfolio. The candidate will develop the strategic and tactical approach for new IT solutions and support the implementation of all new initiatives related to the EHR. While working in a matrix environment, this role will be required to influence at all levels of management and functional areas including but not limited to Clinical, Operations, Payer Relations, Revenue Cycle, Human Resources, Marketing, Finance, and Coram Operations, in an effort to determine which IT initiatives will enhance the revenue and profitability of Coram while maintaining high levels of colleague engagement. The Senior Manager will lead multiple project resources as needed including project managers, analysts, and developers.
1. Project Management
a. Works independently - and collaborates with the Senior Management Team - to develop and execute Operational & Clinical Programs.
b. Lead management of EHR projects from start to finish, including explanation and dissemination to Field Staff and other functional areas of the company. Leads the process and implementation of projects.
c. Manages and coordinates information development and exchange inter-departmentally.
d. Maintains and monitors developed programs.
2. Strategy and Influence
a. Budget planning, strategy development, vendor management, audit compliance, operational management, as well as representing Coram IT to both internal and external parties as needed.
b. As a member of IT Leadership team, coordinates IT software release planning with business areas to ensure on time delivery of requested functionality
c. Works with Senior Leadership, Technology, Clinical, Finance, and Revenue teams as well as the relevant Functional Managers to ensure solutions support the Coram operation and adhere to CVS project and IS standards.
d. Ongoing evaluation of developed programs to determine best practices and most efficient use of technology for Coram.
a. Lead multiple EHR resources as needed including project managers, analysts, and developers.
b. This position does have direct reports.
c. HR Duties including recruiting, coaching, counseling and disciplining employees as required, planning and reviewing compensation; enforcing policies and procedures
1. 8 years of experience in healthcare technology or a related field Management of Epic systems
2. Epic certification in Ambulatory module
3. Experience with Willow module
4. Successfully led a full Epic Implementation
1. 15 years of experience in healthcare technology or related field management of Epic systems and Epic certification in Ambulatory module.
2. Strong leadership and relationship building skills; ability to build cross-functional teams in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
3. Demonstrated ability to provide strategic and tactical leadership in a highly matrix organization, developing IT strategies and visions.
4. Highly capable at influencing at all levels, primarily with Coram's senior leaders as well as senior Enterprise IT leaders.
5. Ability to work with business and clinical users to understand user workflow and business operations as they apply technology in order to solve complex problems.
6. Knowledge of current healthcare provision trends a must, as is the knowledge of the inter-dependencies of third party payers, regulators, and providers in a for profit environment.
7. Experience with healthcare revenue cycle highly preferred.
8. Ability to write business cases, functional specifications, use cases, reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
9. Experience with web technologies and strong GUI design skills are preferred.
10. Familiarity with health care technology regulations and governmental policies required.
11. Ability to work with all levels of business users, including CXO level.
Bachelor's degree in business, IT or related field required
EPIC Certification - Ambulatory module
It's a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation's premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we're pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you'll be at the center of it all.
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran - we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT . We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team . Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or email@example.com . For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352.