Licensure, Registration, and/or Certification Required:
- Identify, map, measure, analyze and improve routine to moderately complex clinical and business processes, problems and information requirements for assigned Epic application(s). Perform current and future workflow analysis and map out critical business processes using business process reengineering techniques, industry standards and best practices.
- Prepare documentation for business requirements by using case diagrams, data flow diagrams, data models, and object models to present, discuss and analyze various dimensions. Evaluate whether a proposed solution meets the business and clinical needs.
- Translate user requirements into functional and technical design specifications and reviews with the user to insure accuracy. Prioritize requirements based on business needs and discuss the technological impact of business requirements.
- Perform applicable system(s) configuration that meets business requirements.
- Develop test plans, test cases, and test scripts to validate performance of all functions. Conduct effective unit, integration, system and end-user acceptance testing through execution of the tests, tracking of problem reports and documenting all final outcomes.
- Provide client and support training through development of training materials, training trainers and end-user(s) as appropriate to the project.
- Monitor system functionality and clinical and business processes instituting changes as needed.
- Effectively explains the functioning of the assigned application(s) and related systems to the users. Assists users with using the full functionality of the application(s) and process flow.
- Develop and maintain product documentation including: current workflows, requirements, functional specifications, installation instructions, product test procedures, user manuals, procedures and troubleshooting guidelines. Completes all appropriate change and quality control documentation using department standards.
- Communicate project status and upgrades to clinic users, including any potential delays/downtime related to application(s). Manages multiple requests from multiple users and balances priorities. Schedules and manages application version upgrades for assigned applications. Resource for assigned application(s). Assist with support and troubleshooting as needed. Respond to user calls as necessary
- EPIC SECURITY CERTIFICATION REQUIRED
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent knowledge) in Computer Science or related field.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Typically requires 3 years of experience in an IT or clinical environment with business process mapping, analysis, defining business and user requirements, acceptance testing and documentation experiences.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Certification Addendum
- Team members will obtain within 6 months and maintain annual educational requirements for EPIC certification(s) as required by department.
- Experience in using applications, operating systems and databases to include the basic hardware, platform, connectivity, and interface design.
- Experience in Epic and other Healthcare applications.
- Project management experience with ability to use project management software.
- Ability to work with a minimal amount of supervision, to balance multiple tasks, be detail oriented, set priorities and accomplish assignments in a timely manner utilizing excellent customer service skills.
- Organizational and analytical skills. Strong problem and issue resolution skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work closely with health care application users, vendors, and technical professionals.
- Demonstrated ability to translate user requirements into system specifications. Understanding of change management practices and procedures.
- Demonstrated understanding of technical components and how they relate to applications.
- Exposed to normal office environment.
- Must operate all equipment necessary to perform the duties of the job.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs. occasionally.
- Sits the majority of the workday; also lifts, reaches, and bends throughout.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.