As a subsidiary of MYR Group Inc. (MYR Group), Great Southwestern Construction, Inc. (Great Southwestern) provides a full range of electrical construction services to utilities, municipalities, government entities and private developers throughout the nation for transmission lines, distribution systems, communication systems, substations and renewable energy facilities. In addition, Great Southwestern also provides capabilities in pre-construction, Engineer-Procure-Construct (EPC) and design-build forms of project delivery, project controls and reporting, environmental compliance and quality assurance/quality control.
Great Southwestern has distinguished itself in the electrical construction industry by providing services based on its values of safety, respect, integrity, responsiveness, creativity, initiative and teamwork. Each team member is committed to prioritizing our customer’s interests and maintaining successful and collaborative relationships with every project’s owner, engineer and subcontractors. Our expert management staff averages 20 years of experience in the construction of high-voltage electrical infrastructure and systems.
The EPC Project Manager is responsible for managing the engineering, procurement, and construction functions of medium and high voltage electrical construction projects. They will coordinate and integrate the activities associated with the engineering, procurement, construction, and startup elements of the project team, including the activities of all third party companies contributing to the initiative.
- Managing and coordinating all onsite engineering support, procurement, construction, and testing and commissioning activities at the project site.
- Seeks to obtain business with new and repeat clients.
- Lead the proposal development efforts for engineer, procure, construct (EPC) projects.
- Acts as the single point of contact with the Owner for day-to-day conference calls and discussions, correspondence exchange, engineering decision-making, and general Owner-Contractor interaction.
- Initiate and assist in contract negotiations.
- Project planning, budgeting, and establishing project objectives.
- Coordinating engineering and equipment procurement activities with corresponding construction activities.
- Scheduling the day-to-day activities for construction and deliveries of equipment and materials to the Site with the support of onsite construction team members.
- Preparing and maintaining the Project schedule.
- Submitting project progress reports to the Owner on a regular basis.
- Preparing and submitting invoices for payment to the Owner and overseeing payments to Subcontractors.
- Provide office-based support to the construction operations team.
- Submit “Requests for Information” to clients.
- Manage day-to-day activities of assigned projects.
- Act as the main point-of-contact for project personnel.
- Coordinate meetings, schedule updates, submit deliverables, and address outstanding open items as requested by clients.
- Prepare look-ahead documents and weekly, monthly progress reports.
- Review and monitor job costs versus budgets.
- Report regularly to management team.
- Prepare bills of material and other information for use by purchasing.
- Prepare complete labor and material cost estimates.
- Schedule and attend field walk-downs with customers, subcontractors, and construction personnel to understand and determine constructability requirements.
- Compare various project documents for accuracy and consistency.
- Manage the change control process for projects, including the preparation and submittal of change orders
- Assist construction personnel throughout the project life-cycle in tracking and understanding basis of cost estimate.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or related field, or equivalent experience (5+ years’ project management and design engineering in the electrical industry)
- Previous EPC project experience with transmission, distribution, and/or substation projects required
- Design and engineering experience highly preferred.
- Able to read and understand civil, architectural, structural, mechanical, etc. plans and specifications to include blue prints, proposals and other documents as they relate to electrical work.
- Ability to read and understand one-line drawings for substations and MV collection systems.
- omputer literate and proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to prepare construction schedules in Primavera.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player who is able to successfully work with diverse internal and external partners.
- Self-driven with the ability to stay on-task for extended periods of time
- Excellent ability to manage multiple and diverse tasks simultaneously