This Business Development Manager (BDM) will also be responsible for strategy and execution to increase market share through solution providers and end users to meet /exceed sales goals. A strong background in calling on EPC’s, Consulting Firms and Process applications is required and the ability to execute a disciplined selling process with multiple sales team.
- Manage a defined process to analyze accounts and develop plans to influence specification position and develop a revenue stream.
- Develop senior level relationships with the targeted A&E and EPC firms serving the Life Science Industry.
- Manage activities to raise awareness on technology, products and solutions.
- Represent 100% of Rockwell Automation offerings.
- Coordinate with local geographical domain resources to provide appropriate technical expertise.
- Coordinate with Rockwell Automation distributors on account strategy as necessary.
- Develop and manage a partner strategy to increase market share in the Life Science Industry.
- Coordinate relations between partners and local sales districts.
- Execute a disciplined selling process to identify and pursue opportunities.
- Identify and establish a strategy to engage the key end users in the assigned industry or geography.
- Achieve sales targets for the Life Science industry.
- Develop and maintain a sales funnel to support growth objectives by identifying, creating and qualifying opportunities with EPC’s, partners and end users.
- Track and regularly report on opportunities and conversion progress.
- Facilitate engagement and communication for opportunities that span geographies.
- Call on accounts to represent Rockwell Automation capabilities, maintain established business and close new.
- Educate the local sales districts and support with industry domain expertise.
- Support customer/internal program reviews. Understand relevant industry standards and customer applications.
- Identify customer technical / commercial challenges and engage appropriate resources to bring issues to resolution.
- Understand important industry trends and communicate needs to Rockwell Automation Business Units.
- Coordinate with marketing groups to assist with industry messaging and collateral.
- Participate in professional organizations and support industry events.
EOE, M/F/DISABLE, VET
- A four yeardegree or an equivalent of 16+ years of technical experience in the automation field.
- Minimum of 12+ years of field sales and marketingexperience in the automation field.
- Minimum of 12+ years in the EPC field with significant experience in Life Science.
- This position requires strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate and work with a variety of people not under direct control in a fast-paced team environment.
- Must be able and willing to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.