The Environmental Waste Manager known internally as an InSite Program Manager leads and manages a team of employees in supporting the execution of a client’s environmental management program. The InSite Program Manager serves as the client’s main contact and primary interface with Clean Harbors on a daily basis. They are responsible for and manage the client’s hazardous waste program.
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Establish baseline audit protocol for all new waste programs; Communicate and document scope of compliance parameters for each Project location.
- Adhere to Health and Safety Practices of at all times while on site; Communicate H&S feedback with technical Services H&S efforts upon request, including data capture, site review, and delivery of training content if needed.
- Conduct facility wide compliance audits to include inspections of staging, accumulating and storage areas to ensure proper housekeeping procedures and compliance.
- Manage waste storage area and ensure that material is properly packaged, profiled and labeled prior to shipment
- High School diploma or equivalent required (B.S. in Chemistry, Biology, or Environmental Science preferred)
- 5+ years of environmental experience
- 5+ years of experience running a hazardous waste program
- 3+ years experience running a hazardous waste program at a Government facility and working with Government Contracts
- Management experience in areas of budgets, record keeping, supervision, planning and liability
- Ability to develop and deliver training materials and programs related to environmental health, safety, and hazardous materials management
- Familiarity with regulatory status requirements of Small and Large Quantity Generators, such as RCRA, DOT etc.
- Requires sitting, standing, walking, puling and/or pushing, stooping and crouching.
- Requires lifting, carrying, grasping, speaking and listening.