The Thermal Vacuum Test Group of Harris Corporation in Rochester, New York, is looking for an Environmental Test Architect / Engineer. Responsibilities will include:
- Provide engineering support for design, assembly, integration, and testing of aerospace hardware.
- Utilize basic technical standards, principles, theories and concepts to develop test plans and procedures in support of thermal and TVAC testing.
- Supports preparation of the test environment and contribute to Test Readiness Reviews (TRR).
- Executes test procedures, document results, generates test reports and creates/manages electronic test data.
- Work rotating 24/7 shift coverage during testing
- Reviews and validates test data.
- Responsible for lab asset management, maintenance and calibration including but not limited to: vacuum hardware, environmental test chambers, custom software (PLC, Labview) and standalone network management.
- BS degree in Mechanical / Aerospace or Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 6 years of relevant professional development (4+ with MSdegree).
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with 3D CAD modeling in ProEngineer CREO 2.0, Windchill 10.0 or related modeling application or with Creo or CreoView
- Thermal testing experience
- Experience interfacing with cross functional teams, including customer and management representatives
- Able to prepare and present technical information with confidence to a technical audience made up of customers, peers, and subject matter experts.
- Experience with the assembly, integration and testing of system level space hardware.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical schematics.
- Experience with interfacing with maintenance, assembly, model shop, manufacturing and test personnel.
- Willing and able to work in a cleanroom environment during test configuration and execution.
- Willing to able work overtime, shift work or extended shifts, weekends, or holidays as necessary
- Willing to able work rotating 24/7 shift coverage during testing
- Ability to support design decisions with well documented engineering analyses and calculations as required.
- Create, develop and design test plans and test procedures for a wide variety of environmental tests.
- Represent the organization as a technical contact on proposals, contracts, projects or products.
- Analyze technical problems arising in environmental testing and develop optimal strategies for solving them.
- Understand, support, and improve existing technologies and investigate, develop, and implement new technologies.
- Design and develop test hardware for environmental testing.
- Develop and maintain plans, schedules, and budgets for assigned projects
- Experience in generating/maintaining manufacturing bills of materials.
- Knowledge of GD&T.
- Experience in a production environment.
- Experience with equipment specification, procurement, implementation and maintenance
- Troubleshooting along with root cause corrective action experience
- Recognizes, recommends, and implements improvement opportunities for better personal safety, equipment safety, cost savings and production savings
- Experience with Swagelok VCR connections.
- Experience working on system level space hardware.
- Familiar with contamination control methodologies; including precision cleaning, verification techniques, outgassing analysis, thermal vacuum bakeout, visual inspections, and cleanroom operations
- Familiar with Microsoft VISIO
- Experience with PLC software (LabVIEW, Agilent data acquisition and basic networking knowledge)
- Experience with Cryo Pumps, cryo compressors, Turbo pumps, Roughing Pumps, Pneumatic Gate valves, Cryogenic Systems, Liquid Nitrogen delivery systems, Helium leak checking.
- Identifies problems and suggests a solution.
- An Active Top Secret Security Clearance
Please be aware this position requires the ability to obtain a Top Secret Security Clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government securityinvestigation(s) and must meet and maintain eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Job ID: SIS20180210-27762