This position is responsible for all multimedia-related environmental reporting functions at the Lake Charles South Plant and provides technical support for all multimedia environmental activities to the South and North Plants. Technical support includes compliance with all necessary regulatory permitting, operations, record keeping, reporting, and statutory/regulatory agency requests. The Air and Multimedia Supervisor is responsible for supporting the Environmental Manager in developing and implementing proactive management systems, checks and balances, and other necessary systems to ensure effective environmental compliance at the two sites. The Air and Multimedia Supervisor is required to effectively interact with other department managers, and regulatory officials in a manner that sets a positive image for the Environmental Department as well as the Company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage multimedia reporting, responsible for establishing and implementing all federal, state and local regulatory reporting requirements for two facilities within Westlake Chemical.
- Oversee the environmental compliance management system and ensure all environmental compliance obligations are systematically assessed, entered into the system and are maintained in accordance with applicable requirements and permits.
- Manage necessary multimedia-related permitting for Lake Charles South Plant and North Plant capital expansions, ensuring that the initial engineering design, as well as future modifications of such facilities, meet critical environmental requirements. Provide technical support and back up resources for Lake Charles North.
- Develop and evaluate staff. Manage activities and provide leadership direction to management, professional, technical and support personnel of sites.
- Develop annual expense for reporting group and assist other functional groups in forecastingenvironmental-related costs for budgeting purposes. Monitor spend and manage projects to meet budgetgoals.
- Monitor the current statutory and regulatory developments for all media, including ancillary programs, assess the potential impact on Lake Charles South and North and initiate the necessary response in coordination with the Environmental Manager and Corporate HS&E.
- Manage the assessment of environmental requirements and impact of proposed projects.
- Assimilate internal data relative to environmental compliance, assuming the responsibility for managing action plans necessary to ensure continuous compliance.
- Maintain continuous working relationship with all applicable Local, State and Federal regulatory agencies, relative to Westlake concerns.
- Maintain active voluntary participation in representing Westlake’s concerns on recognized industry task forces/advisory committees, as well as through public awareness/education.
- Development of Proactive Management Systems, including but not limited to:
- A system to track and anticipate upcoming environmental regulations
- A system that aggressively develops and implements compliance programs to address health, safety, and environmental requirements - both regulatory and corporate.
- A system of checks and balances to identify gaps in the environmental program and address those gaps.
- Implement compliance strategies that maintain existing compliance. Where
Non-compliance exists, develop an aggressive action plan to move the site back into compliance. This includes, but is not limited to:
- EPA/LDEQ reporting requirements, including ERIC/SARA 311/312/313
QUALIFICATION & SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Environmental Sciences or related field.
- Musthaveatleast8yearsprogressiveHSEresponsibilities, preferably in chemical manufacturing.
- Intermediate level MS Office skills.
- Title V and PSD or NNSR permitting
- Qualified Environmental Professional (QEP)
- Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM)
- Professional Engineer (PE)
Position may or may not have direct reports and/or indirect reports. The position requires the ability to motivate direct/indirect or non-reports in the purchasing function as well as non-purchasing functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Incumbent may be required to travel via auto or airline on a limited basis.