As an Engineer/Environmental Scientist/Geologist/Engineer, you will apply your knowledge and develop new skills while working on challenging projects.
This position will involve:
- Supporting environmental compliance and remediation related projects in the field and office.
- Performing a variety of field work including environmental investigations, site inspections, soil and groundwater sampling, monitoring well installation, surface water and dredging investigations and subcontractor oversight.
- Preparing and reviewing technical reports, feasibility studies, work plans, and construction documents.
- Supporting management of medium-to-large, complex tasks to ensure internal and external expectations are met for scope, budget, schedule, and quality.
- Assisting during proposal development including preparation of work scopes and budgets.
- Have good technical writing, data management, organizational and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil, environmental or chemical engineering, geology, hydrogeology, or environmental science.
- Prefer seven (7) to ten (10) years of environmental compliance, surface water management experience, groundwater remediation consulting or design experience.
- Prefer demonstrated work experience in any of the following areas: environmental compliance, storm water design, SWPPP/SPCC preparation, soil and groundwater investigations, dredge related experience and design and implementation of in-situ remediation technologies.
- Prefer working knowledge of Pennsylvania, Maryland and federal environmental regulations (RCRA, OPA, NPDES, PA Act 2, NCP, CERCLA/TRRP, USACE, etc.)
- Experience managing project tasks (field and office) and subcontractors.
- Ability to pass a company physical exam (indicating that there will be no restrictions for field activities or use of a full-face respirator).
- Valid driver’s license without major violations.
- In addition to the basic qualifications the qualifications below are highly desired but not required:
- Seven (7) to ten (10) years of applicable experience.
- 40-hour HAZWOPER health and safety training certificate (with an up-to-date 8-hr annual refresher course certification).