- Contributes to the development and effective implementation of an environmental strategy, programs, systems and processes that ensures NRG’s Distributed Generation assets remain in compliance with all applicable environmental laws and regulations as well as corporate environmental policy, goals, targets and compliance programs
- Works with Project Developers to quantify environmental compliance requirements and costs associated with new projects
- Maintains NRG environmental databases and provides internal and external reports as required
- Works with Asset Team members to routinely inspect, evaluate and communicate the environmental condition of generation assets to management and other technical personnel
- Responsible for filing all required compliance reports
- Performs contract oversight and management of all environmental contractors to ensure quality work performance within approved budgets.
- Participates in continuous improvement planning and implementation in areas of responsibility
- Serves as liaison to regulatory agencies
- Creates documents, including reports, memos, graphs, charts, tables, etc.
- Ensures Company resources are used in a cost-effective manner
- Ability to think critically and analytically –to identify and implement efficiency and effectiveness improvements
- Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter, including keeping up-to-date on industry and environmental changes and developments.
- Uses and maintains technical and professional knowledge, shares that knowledge with others, and recognizes/applies new technology in a cost-effective manner
- Obtains and applies knowledge of competitive business practices in daily work activities and decision making
- Seeks and understands the customer/client’s needs and focuses on meeting and exceeding their expectations
- Anticipates and accepts changes in the organization and adapts to meet the new requirements
- Committed to making the workplace safe and environmentally sound
- Willing to accept accountability for own decisions, performance, and behavior
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or a related scientific degree
- Seven years of professional experience with federal and state environmental regulatory programs
- Strong computer skills, including MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Professional Engineer certification
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with project team members and regulatory agencies
- Strong technical and problem-solving skills including attention to detail, accuracy, and completeness
- Ability to establish and maintain a positive and professional working relationship with all individuals
- Ability to perform as a team member or leader in a cross-functional team and achieve consensus decisions
- Demonstrated ability to fulfill commitments regarding timeliness of work to meet project requirements
- Ability to connect and disconnect equipment and perform minor adjustments on test and lab equipment
- Knowledge of applicable environmental regulations and NRG safety standards
- Willingness to travel for field work or work at out-of-town project sites 10-20% of the time
- Ability to read, create and follow written procedures and technical documents
- Ability to read, write and understand English.