Job Title: Environmental Specialist
Job Location: Springfield, VA
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire
"Due to the nature of the assignment, Only US Citizens may apply"
- The selected candidate will perform general environmental support services and analysis to ensure the success of the environmental program.
- Manage the on-site and off-site hazardous material activities, including development and oversight of programs.
- Plan, design, and direct programs to solve problems concerned with the hazardous material.
- Perform technical research and utilize computers as aids in developing solutions to the management and storage of hazardous material issues.
- Formulate plans, designs, cost estimates, and specifications.
- Conduct required environmental and safety analysis and observations and supports the Site Manager, and KO or designee with ESOH surveillances conducted by local Environmental, Safety or Occupational Health offices.
- Evaluates results and makes recommendations as necessary for maintaining compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Conducts ESOH training with Contractor employees performing under this contract.
- Maintain a written ESOH plan that will address the approach to complying with ISO 14001:2004 and OSHA's 18001:2007.
- Will supervise, maintain, and report on the Quality Control Program.
- Responsible for providing and managing all contract required training.
- Responsible for maintaining the Spill plan and providing all training and reporting in accordance with the plan.
- Will ensure contract compliance with Installation, State, and Federal environmental regulations.
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Studies, Biology or Chemistry
- Good communication and analytical skills; Must be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the environmental and safety compliance fields.; demonstrated working knowledge of computer systems and integrated software application programs.
- Must be highly skilled in the use of Microsoft - Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook.
- Must be able to utilize highly technical automated systems.
- Hazardous Materials Management System software knowledge a plus.
- Industry recognized certification such as Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM), Registered Environmental Manager (REM) or equivalent NREP Certification.
- Safety certification from the Board of Certified Safety Professionals also encouraged.