ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: (functions considered essential as defined by ADA)
- Ensures compliance with federal and state environmental regulations and permits for solid waste, hazardous materials, wastewater and drinking water systems/operations and/or air quality
- May interface with operation departments to communicate and define their role in compliance efforts
- May interface with regulatory agencies to ensure the understanding of, and compliance with, all applicable environmental regulations and requirements
- May monitor and coordinate the packaging, transport and disposal of hazardous materials and non-hazardous wastes in compliance with regulations
- May monitor and coordinate the testing and reporting of wastewater, storm water, and hydro test water in compliance with regulations and permits
- May manage the performance of air quality related work efforts which include the oversight of NSPS, MACT, EI, NSR, and Title V programs
- May prepare reports pursuant to a consent decree and various permit conditions with respect to EPCRA, CERCLA and TSCA
- May oversee budgeting costs associated with air quality compliance and contractor/consultant work products
- May coordinate routine modeling and tracking of anti-backsliding provisions of the fuels’ toxic baseline and related fuels regulations
Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their supervisor, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion
A minimum of eight years of job-related processing experiencerequired. Some assignments may require at least five years of air quality experience with the majority of the experience being in a refinery setting.
Experience in oil refining processespreferred.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in an environmental sciences or related field is required.
Ability to lead and train a small group of employees in a Technical Expert capacity. Special training in hazardous waste regulations and DOT Hazmat Shipping, and a Certification in OSHA Hazmat and Method 9 Opacity may be required depending on assignment. Strong communication skills and good technical writing skills. Advanced working knowledge of environmental air quality regulations required depending on assignment. Ability to perform emissions calculations preferably with a practical understanding of refinery processing programs. Ability to understand and interpret environmental regulations. Advanced understanding of oil refining processes (process flow diagrams/mechanical flow sheets, chemical phase separations, and reactions). Ability to effectively communicate with others, both written and verbal communication, advanced level reading and writing skills, ability to perform complex mathematical calculations.
Familiarity with community right-to-know and risk management rules and/or experience with fuels compliance preferred. Strong time management and organizational skills preferred.