We pride ourselves on being recognized for providing some of the best environmental services to the North American renewable energy industry. With decades of experience, Stantec offers a wealth of technical knowledge and a strong understanding of federal, state and local regulations. From planning and siting to operation and maintenance, Stantec’ offers a one-stop show to bring renewable projects from concept to completion.
Our Environmental Services team is searching for a superior candidate with over 10 years of environmental regulatory experience within the wind, solar and hydropower sector to lead the expansion of our practice in the Western US. Joining Stantec’s North American network of over 1,400 environmental services professionals, with over 25 years providing environmental services to renewable energy clients, in over 100 office locations in the US, you will be given the opportunity to grow your career by leading environmental services for renewable power and infrastructure projects, winning work while working collaboratively to support business operations and project delivery. Does working with clients on great projects, with a talented team of professional’s while driving top line appeal to you? Apply today!
Your Key Responsibilities
Strategy and Business Development
- Identify business development opportunities consistent with the vision of the renewables sector in Western US.
- In support of the Renewables Sector Leader, drive the development of business development sector plans and account plans for the US West region, as appropriate.
- Develop and implement “win” strategies, including client contact, proposal preparation, and preparation of and participation in client interviews.
- Assist in providing input to and implement the annual business plan and budget for the business line.
- Understand market drivers and changes and develop innovative solutions to address these changes to increase Stantec’s revenue and market share within the environmental services renewables sector in Western US.
- Work directly with the National ES Power Sector Leader, National ES Renewables Sector Leader and other leaders, to help meet net revenue, gross margin, and operating income targets for the practice.
- Create and maintain relationships across Stantec’s practices and geographies to promote cross-selling of services.
- Personally, pursue and lead Environmental Services hydropower and renewable projects.
- Provide exceptional technical service to our clients.
- Help develop a team of high performers through coaching and mentoring the region’s principals and client account managers to drive business development.
- Drive Stantec’s Safer Together culture, prioritizing the health and safety of our employees.
- Demonstrate a commitment to our code of business conduct and ethics policies.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Established working relationships with renewable energy clients in the Western US.
- Ability to manage projects and business development activities simultaneously, working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- An entrepreneurial orientation with strong understanding of the business development challenges of a consulting services provider.
- A leader and coach who can apply their skills to complex problems.
- WORKING CONDITIONS
- Ability to travel that will fluctuate with pursuit and business demands.
- Time allocation to include a blend of direct time on projects (approx. 40%) and client and proposal specific marketing and business development.
- Key performance indicators include meeting annual sales goals, serving as a Client Account Manager (CAM) for one major account and achieving planned business growth goals (as established in the business plans)
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree in environmental planning, environmental science, engineering, or a related field. A master’s degree is preferred.
A minimum of 15 years of progressively responsible and applicable experience with program management and environmental documentation for renewable power projects.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather