JOB DESCRIPTION - Environmental Scientist
Ranked 76th on ENR’s 2017 listing of the Top 500 Design Firms, RK&K is a design and construction management firm specializing in transportation, environmental and energy projects. Our success is based on our ability to deliver what our clients want using sound, technical solutions to achieve the best possible outcome on a project. Expressed in our ability to treat every one of our 1,200 employees as a professional, RK&K has received extensive recognition for its exceptional and unique workplace culture.
Our Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) Services group is seeking a results-driven environmental scientist to join our Pennsylvania team. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a growing environmental team within a well-established firm. This position will operate from our King of Prussia office.
The Environmental Scientist position will work in a multi-discipline team environment supporting public and private-sector clients requiring environmental due diligence, permitting, contaminant investigation and cleanup, assessment, and compliance services. Skillset and abilities required include:
- Ability to contribute to/complete concurrent project assignments
- Plan, lead/implement, and document field investigations for a variety of media sampling
- Interaction with and provide oversight of subcontractors
- Assess and accurately document observed field conditions and sampled media
- Analyze data and report on environmental characteristics, condition, and potential impacts
Required Education, Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of experience with skills in use of applicable equipment and instrumentation
- BS or BA (Masters preferred) in Natural or Earth Sciences, Geology, Biology, or Environmental Science
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER and familiarity with governing OSHA and other federal and state regulations related to EH&S services
- Prepare Job Safety Analyses (JSAs) and identify hazard mitigation strategies
- Experience in data collection, review, interpretation
- Phase I/II ESA assessment and reporting
- Working knowledge of media sample collection methods and safe work practices
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Willing to travel
- Valid driver’s license
Preferred Education, Skills and Experience
- Ability to interact appropriately with regulatory community and clients for routine tasks
- License, professional registration, and/or certifications
- Experience developing and monitoring budgets
- AutoCAD, GIS and spreadsheet software
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This position has excellent potential for career advancement. We proudly offer an attractive salary package commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, tuition reimbursement, company health, dental, vision, life and disability insurances as well as a 401-k plan with company matching. For more information visit our website at http://rkk.com/Opens a New Window.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals are encouraged to apply.