The incumbent is responsible for leading, planning, directing, and managing the environmental, safety and health (ESOH) programs under senior management direction. Serves as the primary POC with the government functional lead and staff for ESOH services.
- Under minimal supervision, leads, manages, develops and implements ESOH programs.
- Supervises the Environmental Safety and Health Specialists assigned to the project or contract.
- Performs work, which involves a variety of functions that require a broad range of expertise and excellent communication skills.
- Adopt and manage guidelines outlined in the Integrated Natural Resource Management Plan (INRMP) and the AECOM Safety Management System procedures.
- Recognizes, evaluates, recommends and implements policies and procedures to assure awareness of and compliance with ESOH requirements of the organization.
- Responsible for monitoring and preventing chemical, biological, physical hazards and diseases present throughout work sites.
- Reviews and incorporates health standards published by regulatory authorities.
- Ensures that quality control procedures are established to monitor all aspects of regulations.
- Provides all necessary reports to Federal, State and local agencies.
- Directs audits of health and safety program to identify and control conditions or acts posing a potential hazard to personnel, facilities, equipment or the environment.
- Must keep fully informed on all existing and proposed changes in occupational health and safety regulations.
- Provides continuation of the training management program to ensure assigned personnel are properly trained in their disciplines. Develops and provides ESOH training to employees.
- Develops, implements and promotes communication programs to enhance and encourage employee awareness of incident prevention, industrial hygiene and environmental compliance.
- Develops and directs the personnel within the Environmental Health and Safety function of the organization.
- Provides leadership direction to management and professional personnel of the organization.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Safety, Environmental Sciences, Engineering, Chemistry or an applied science field or demonstrated equivalent. Possess five years of directly related ESOH experience. Must have competency in computer skills and programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Certification in one or more of the following: CSP, CIH, CHST or PE, with the preference for CSP, completed or scheduled for completion within 6 months of hire. Must possess and maintain a Top Secret security clearance. Possess a valid state issued driver’s license.
Active DoD Top Secret Security Clearance.
Management Services Group (MS)
United States of America