The Contract is looking for enthusiastic, self starting individuals that thrive in team environments. This position will be required to provide on-site training and proper PPE practices to our facilities team members that perform work related but not limited to electrical, heating and air conditioning, plumbing, construction, confined space, custodial, landscaping, and logistics.
Our Environment, Health and Safety Representative will be responsible in overseeing multiple program plans that include material safety data, chemical awareness on usage and disposal, water treatment, spill prevention/retention and remediation.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for identifying, analyzing and controlling occupational hazards and promoting worksite and/or product safety by applying knowledge of industrial process, mechanics, psychology, physiology and industrial health ad safety laws. Duties may include:
- advising on safety requirements
- designing protective equipment and/or safety devices
- redesigning controls to eliminate occupational hazards
- developing standards which set tolerances, stress ratios, strength of materials and other related engineering requirements
- reviewing proposed occupational safety policies, guidelines and standards to determine their consistency with accepted engineering principles and practices, and recommending technical changes as needed.
- ESH Manager will conduct safety inspections of work areas, observe work in progress for safety compliance, and ensure proper use of PPE
- ESH Mgr will enforce OSHA and company safety policies and standards
- Conduct regularly scheduled safety training awareness sessions pertinent to the tasks being performed
- Bachelordegree in Engineering or business discipline preferred. Equivalent years of experience in O&M Maintenance Management may be accepted as substitution for formal degree.
- At least 5years general experience that provides a good basis of general knowledge of the principles of organization, management, administration, budgeting and financial management; and 10 years specialized experience in overseeing and managing diverse facilities operations and maintenance functions, preferably on Federal Government installations (and preferably military installations).
- Strong familiarity and working experience, at least 4years with government safety programs.
- Experience in implementing a safety program for a Federal contractor, preferably in the facilities operations and maintenance or services industries.
- A Top Secret/SCI security clearance with polygraph.