Environmental, Safety & Health Manager (Gow-L)
ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH & SAFETY MANAGER
The Environmental, Health & Safety Manager will manage and coordinate all activities and programs associated with environmental regulatory compliance and employee safety in a minerals processing plant.
The company is a resource and technology company that develops, produces and markets a wide range of specialty mineral, mineral-based and synthetic mineral products.
The company provides number of mineral products and mineral-based technologies based on such mineral products as calcium carbonate, bentonite, talc, among other minerals.
The company’s products are used in a variety of industries, including the paper, metal casting, building materials, paints and coatings, consumer products, ceramic, polymer, and food and pharmaceutical industries. They also serve customers in the steel, non-ferrous metal and glass industries, as well as oil and gas production.
The Environmental, Health & Safety Manager will manage and coordinate all activities and programs associated with environmental regulatory compliance and employee safety in the production plant, located in the Northeast US.
The Environmental, Health & Safety Manager will be responsible for safety training, emergency preparedness, while promoting workplace safety, as well as employee health awareness and their compliance with safety regulations and procedures.
The Environmental, Health & Safety Manager will assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of environmental, health, and safety programs, procedures and practices necessary to provide for safe and healthy working conditions for employees and operate the facility in an environmentally responsible manner.
The Environmental, Health & Safety Manager is also responsible for assuring compliance with State, Local and Federal environmental regulations.
This position is located in the Northeast US.
- Develop and implement EH&S related programs and procedures to assure site compliance with applicable Federal, State, and Local safety and environmental regulations.
- Assist supervisors, managers and others in obtaining and maintaining safety permits
- Assist engineering and operations management in planning for compliance of new and modified processes and operations with environmental and safety regulations.
- Draft and assist in the preparation of permit applications and application renewal in compliance with environmental regulations.
- Maintain and update Emergency Response Procedures
- Participate in accident and incident investigations, overseeing reporting and implementation of corrective actions.
- Develop and implement safety and environmental training programs for current employees and newly hired personnel.
- Evaluate department compliance with key EH&S procedures (confined space entry, line breaking, lock-out / tag-out, environmental releasereporting, emergency action plans, noise and hearing conservation, etc.). Work to strengthen compliance where necessary.
- Conduct and oversee comprehensive industrial hygiene monitoring.
- Implement community right-to-know programs relative to the plant’s compliance with environmental and safety regulations and standards.
- BS degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Occupational Health & Safety or related field.
- 5+ years experience with environmental, health and safety programs with a production company.
- Knowledge of workplace safety and OSHA regulations, including lockout/ tag-out, fall protection, confined space, hazard communication, mobile equipment, and guarding of machinery & equipment.
- Working knowledge of Environmental regulatory compliance.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE POSITION REFERENCE NUMBER IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR E-MAIL REPLY: 17430 (GOW-LD)