TRC Companies, Inc., a pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960's, is a national engineering and environmental consulting firm that provides integrated services to the energy, environmental and infrastructure markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in industry and government, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation.
TRC is seeking a highly motivated Project Manager for our growing EHS, Engineering, Construction & Remediation team in Houston, TX. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual and is a results-oriented leader who works with stakeholders to understand project needs and manages teams to deliver services to meet those requirements. The project manager is responsible for networking with clients to identify and define projects, developing and negotiating proposals, building teams of technical staff and sub-consultants to execute work, maintaining quality and risk management processes to keep work on track, and delivering according to scope, schedule, and budget.
- Manages assessment, remediation, compliance, and due diligence projects under TCEQ, RRC, or other state/federal regulatory programs.
- Leads proposal efforts including completing project approach, scoping, and budgeting.
- Manages project risk by understanding and following risk management procedures.
- Creates and executes project work plans and staffing plans and revises as needed.
- Assigns individual responsibilities and project details to the project team
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of the project to meet scope, schedules and budgets.
- Develops creative solutions to technical, scientific or project related management issues.
- Manages day-to-day client interaction and exceeds client expectations.
- Facilitates regular status meetings with the project team and client.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Identifies potential business development and "add-on" sales opportunities as they relate to a specific project.
- Analyzes and forecasts project revenue, margins and profitability.
- Communicates relevant project information to management.
- Proficient implementation of TRC's Health & Safety Program and Quality Management Plan.
- Able to review and develop a thorough understanding of all contracts and assist with contract reviews and negotiations.
- Familiar with all aspects of the project management cycle.
- Understands basic project financial structures, pricing models and is able to administer projects accordingly.
- Able to lead and motivate other team members.
- Able to problem solve in a timely way by providing solutions to difficult technical, scientific or project management problems.
- Has a complete understanding and ability to apply technical and/or scientific principles, theories, and concepts in the field.
- Able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with internal team members and clients.
- B.S. or M.S. in Geology, Environmental Sciences, or related degree from an accredited university.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with site assessment, remediation, and due diligence.
- TCEQ and RRC regulatory experience required.
- Professional licensure preferred.
- Diverse work experience with oil and gas, petrochemical, and/or rail.