Requisition Number 2018-10256
About the opportunity
SWCA Environmental Consultants is expanding our environmental services in San Antonio, Texas! The central Texas region is growing rapidly and we need a motivated environmental project manager to flourish with it. You will work in one of the largest purely environmental consulting firms in the U.S. with over 500 environmental and cultural resource professionals.
The candidate for this role can reside in either San Antonio, TX or Austin, TX. Our Austin office works in a variety of businesses sectors, including wind and solar generation, power transmission, water, land development, transportation, state & local government, oil & gas and on federal program.
This is a regular, salaried position and a chance for a long-term career, workingwith an experienced Texas consulting team in the fields of T&E species, karst geology, habitat conservation plans, general ecology and preparing NEPA-compliant regulatory documents.
What you will accomplish
- As a Project Manager you will work closely with clients tosuccessfully design and oversee projects to completion.
- You will write and review environmental documents prepared by yourself and other SWCA environmental specialists.
- Provide advice and guidance on complex federal, state and local regulatory issues.
- Prepare budgets and proposals, conduct business development and client outreach Ensure that project quality, scheduling, and budget objectives are met.
- Take the initiative, resolve problems, and identify improved procedures toassure client needs are met.
- Ability to grow into increased management and leadership responsibilities.
Experience and qualifications for success
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental planning, environmental science, or a related field. Master’s degree a plus.
- Can demonstrate at least five (5) years of applicable experience preparing budgets and proposals.
- Strong and clear technical writing, with preference given for those with a NEPA-compliant document history
- Working knowledge of NEPA and other state and federal environmental laws and regulations.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to take a logical approach totasks.
- Robust organizational, analytical, and document management skills withthe ability to work on more than one project at a time, often meeting tight deadlines.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.