Sealaska Environmental Services, LLC (SES) is seeking an Environmental Project Manager to join our team in Anchorage, AK. The Project Manager will lead multiple federal client project efforts and other related contracts requiring contamination investigation, remediation, monitoring, and compliance at various sites, primarily in Alaska and the Pacific Northwest. This person will manage project scope, schedule, and budget to meet project requirements. In addition, the Project Manager will support business development growth with existing and new clients. Local candidates only please. Additional duties include:
- Prepare task order proposals and assist negotiations in response to client RFPs.
- Develop Work Plans for the purpose of sampling, analyzing, and reporting concentrations of various contaminants and/or geochemical indicators in different media (including air, groundwater, surface water, the marine environment, sediments, and soil).
- Manage project scope, schedule, budget, and level of quality for projects, including preparation of detailed project schedules and updates, oversight of field work, manage subcontractors, budget management and forecasting, and report preparation (e.g., data, monitoring, trend analysis, and closure reports).
- Oversee project personnel in execution of work.
- Manage the development, production, and delivery of technical documents to meet strict project schedules and in accordance with applicable QC requirements and standards for quality.
- Ensure management of projects in accordance with the corporate and contract health and safety requirements.
- Prepare progress reporting documents including weekly and/or monthly status reports.
- Prepare presentation materials and attend various required meetings, including the pre-construction conference, weekly or monthly QC meetings, regulator meetings, RAB meetings, and pre- and post-construction site inspections.
- Support SES marketing and proposal preparation as necessary.
- Support business development efforts for expanding client base through development of teaming opportunities, identifying new client opportunities, and writing proposals both singly and with a team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years of federal environmental project managementexperience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience preparing task order proposals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel as needed to job sites.
- Proven interpersonal skills and ability to perform successfully in a team environment with limited oversight.
- Experiencerequired in several of the following areas: Alaska, ADEC, CERCLA, RCRA, and TSCA remediation projects; site inspections and investigations, and environmental compliance.
Training and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geology; Environmental Science; Chemistry; Construction Management; or Environmental, Civil, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering, or related field.
- Registered Professional Geologist (PG) or Professional Engineer (PE) Certification, if applicable.
- Current PMI Project Manager Professional (PMP) credential preferred.
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER Training and / or an up-to-date8-hour OSHA HAZWOPER Annual Refresher Training.
- 8-hour OSHA Supervisors Training preferred.
- 30-hour OSHA Construction Safety Training preferred.
- Experience with US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) and Air Force Civil Engineering Center (AFCEC) is desired.
- Experience with other federal agencies including the US Navy, Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, and FAA is preferred.
- Experience in the oil and gas or mining industry a plus.