Environmental Project Manager - Remediation, Assessment & Compliance
START YOUR APPLICATION
VHB has an immediate need for an experienced Project Manager/Senior Environmental Engineer/Scientist for its Remediation, Assessment, and Compliance (RAC) practice in Wethersfield, CT.
VHB’s passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
- Leadership of RAC practice in CT and Western MA; managing the group's performance, growth, and business development activities utilizing existing relationships and VHB’s client base
- Management of projects for testing soil, groundwater, and surface water quality; oil and hazardous materials (OHM) investigations; Phase I and II site assessments; site remediation; and groundwater hydrologic studies
- Managing risk to VHB associated with this work
- Management of staff performing fieldwork, data processing, GIS mapping, and reporting
- Assigning and reviewing work of others
- Technical reporting
- Coordination with clients, regulators, and VHB staff
- Proposals and marketing
- Project budgeting and financial management
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to conduct tasks independently
- Ability to think critically and solve problems in both a team and independent work environment
- Expertise in interpreting Connecticut environmental regulations related to hazardous materials
- Detail-oriented, with a strong math/science background
- MS Excel & Word
- ArcGIS preferred
- BS in environmental engineering, environmental science, natural resources, geology, or related field
- 10+ years of professional experience in oil and/or hazardous materials consulting, or related field
- Licensed Environmental Professional (LEP) certification in CT required (Licensed Site Professional in MA a plus)
- Must have (or be willing/able to obtain) OSHA 40-hr HAZWOPER Certification and 10-hr Construction Site Safety Training
Please submit applications online.
At VHB, we’re invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We’re proud, yet humbled, to have been doing this for 38 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact, and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.