$80K — $150K *
Under general direction, with very wide latitude for the exercise of independent judgment and initiative, perform responsible and
complex work in planning, coordinating and overseeing the development, implementation and ongoing maintenance of technically
complex environmentally engineered remedies for contaminated project sites, including municipal landfills and manufactured gas
∙ Oversee the development of contracts related to the environmental components of various capital projects.
∙ Prepare detailed reports on the progress and budget schedules of environmental projects, including those mandated by regulatory
agencies for landfill sites.
∙ Engage in or supervise the conduct of complex research, investigations, studies and examinations related to the environmental
engineering functions or activities of the agency.
∙ Approve or supervise the design, inspection, construction, demolition and/or alteration of premises, installations and equipment to
ensure compliance with contracts, drawings, specifications, codes, resolutions, statutes, rules and regulations.
∙ Assist agency staff in preparation of environmental permits.
∙ Supervise the installation, inspection and testing operations at job sites, as well as contractor activities. Ensure compliance with
regulatory agency permits, regulations or programs including Spills, Brownfield Cleanup, Environmental Restoration Storm Water
1. A doctorate degree from an accredited college or university with specialization in an appropriate field of physical, biological, environmental or
social science and one year of full-time experience in a responsible supervisory, administrative or research capacity in the appropriate field of
2. A master’s degree from an accredited college or university with specialization in an appropriate field of physical, biological, environmental or social
science and three years of responsible full-time experience in the appropriate field of specialization, including one year of full-time experience in a
responsible supervisory, administrative or research capacity in the appropriate field of specialization; or
3. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to “1” or “2” above. However, all candidates must have a master’s degree in an appropriate field
of specialization and one year of full-time experience in a responsible supervisory, administrative, or research capacity as described in “2” above.
Residency in New York City, Nassau, Orange, Rockland, Suffolk, Putnam or Westchester counties required for employees with over two
years of city service. New York City residency required within 90 days of hire for all other candidates.
1. Ability to produce cut and fill calculations, measured drawings and technical specifications for remediation systems.
2. Excellent communication and organizational skills.
3. Proficiency with AutoCAD. Knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, PhotoShop and rendering.
4. Demonstrated experience with soil and storm water management to remediate Spill, Brownfield Cleanup and/or landfill project
5. Familiarity with New York State Department of Environmental Conservation environmental regulations and New York City’s related
policies and practices.
6. Professional Engineer license in Environmental Engineering a plus.
Valid through: 10/16/2020
$250K — $500K+
5 days ago