TRC Companies, Inc, a pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960s, is a national engineering consulting and construction management firm that provides integrated services to the energy, environmental and infrastructure markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in government and industry, implementing complex projects from initial concept todelivery and operation.
This position will focus on the management and growth of projects in thecommercial/industrial/public geo-environmental/civil engineering, containment system, and solid waste management areas in the United States. This position will build, develop and grow business relationships and direct and manage execution of projects.
- Sales development of clients through direct client contact, staff mentoring and coaching. The goal will be to capture follow-on work, expand TRC service offerings, and support TRC value propositions.
- Project management, including financial management, contractnegotiation, directing technical work, and client and regulatory liaison.
- Client advocate within TRC, providing client feedback to TRC onchanging needs, trends, expectations and satisfaction and keeping clients informed of significant issues that might affect them.
- Technical resource in field of expertise and mentor to others.
- Achieve utilization of 65% and manage net service revenue of $500 K within 6 months of hire and maintain that level thereafter.
- Professional or technical degree in engineering, geology, or other environmental related discipline.
- 2+ years in client development experience and 8 years of environmental consulting experience. Specific experience in a similar role within an engineering consulting firm is required. Demonstrated track record in client development and project management required. Candidates should have strong business development and project management skills. Demonstrated sales process and understanding of project management processes required.
- Must be able to travel as needed. Must be able to use automobile and plane transportation. Will be required to work on client sites such as industrial plants, hazardous waste sites, etc., that require walking and some climbing.
- Successful candidates will have well developed interpersonal and leadership skills, be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, and show a history of successful technical and financial projectmanagement acumen. Candidates with some loyal existing clients / accounts are preferred.