We have fantastic opportunity for an Environmental Project Manager, to lead complex projects and assist with client development in Lake Charles, LA. This is an opportunity to work in an expanding office, work closely with a group of dedicated professionals, and be involved in exciting projects. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to manage a variety of air, soil, emergency response, and groundwater assessment and remediation compliance projects.
We are seeking self-motivated and active networkers who value building credible relationships with clients and the community. The successful candidate will need to be flexible in their approach to challenges, and have a strong ability to think laterally in delivering technical project solutions. The position requires a mix of a strong technical background, successful personnel management, and business acumen.
We offer a professional, friendly and collaborative work environment based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect, and Integrity. We also provide professional development through the GHD Business School.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform a variety of duties for environmental and engineering projects that include, but are not limited to: management, investigation, design, permitting, remediation, and monitoring
- Plan and implement environmental field work such as monitoring well installation, groundwater monitoring and due diligence assessments
- Develop remediation strategies in challenging site settings
- Develop and maintain a client base
- Coordinate multiple projects and interface with clients, government agencies and other GHD offices
- Manage, plan, and coordinate environmental media sampling of air, groundwater, surface water, soil, etc. in accordance with applicable standards
- Manage all aspects of field data collection and documentation for environmental site assessments
- Preparation of routine correspondence and peer reviewed reports such as data reports, standardized documents, and work plans for internal and client review
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Geology or a related field of study
- 5+ years of experience in environmental consulting field, including previous project management experience including the investigation, remediation, and monitoring of environmental projects
- Strong problem solving abilities and aptitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with other technical professionals, clients, and regulatory officials is a must
- Positive attitude, very strong interpersonal skills
- Willingness to travel as required for potentially extended periods of time
- Self-starter, flexible team player, willing/able to work on a wide variety of tasks
- Must reside in Lake Charles, LA or surrounding area or willing to relocate
- Working knowledge of Federal and State environmental regulations is a plus
- OHSA 40-hour HAZWOPER training considered an asset