Environmental Project Manager
With more than 8500 people across five continents and the Pacific region, GHD is one of the world’s leading engineering, environmental and construction services companies. Committed to the success of our clients and the communities in which we operate, we have an ongoing requirement for high caliber professionals to join our connected global network.
We have an opportunity in the Bakersfield, CA area for an Environmental Project Manager, who aspires to become an active employee in a vibrant, well-established company.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Performing a variety of duties for groundwater, pipeline maintenance, pipeline construction, waste management, and remediation projects to include but not limited to: management, investigation, monitoring, regulatory interaction and reporting
- Managing and coordinating emergency response field efforts
- Planning and implementing environmental field work such as monitoring well installation, groundwater monitoring, pipeline repair, waste management and due diligence assessments
- Preparing routine correspondence, proposals, data reports, standardized documents and work plans for internal and client review
- Oversight of contractors and field staff
- Coordinating multiple projects and interface with clients, government agencies and other GHD offices
Skills, Competencies, Qualifications:
- B.S. degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Geology or a related field of study
- 5-12 years of previous project management experience including the management, investigation, remediation and monitoring of environmental projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of environmental regulations and experience; California regulations experience is a preferred
- CHMM and/or OSHA 40 hour HAZWOPER certification is a plus
- Strong problem solving abilities and aptitude
- Ability to effectively communicate with other technical professionals, clients, and regulatory officials is a must
- Positive attitude, very strong interpersonal skills
- Self-starter, flexible team player, willing/able to work on a wide variety of tasks
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.