$100K - $150K(Ladders Estimates)
Atlanta, GA 30303
Industry: Real Estate & Construction•
11 - 15 years
Posted 66 days ago
Experience as a senior-level engineer and/or environmental project manager with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency in the areas of environmental remedial investigations, feasibility studies, treatability studies, cost estimating, and remedial design, and remediation and remedial construction activities is a requirement. Direct experience with the EPA's Superfund program is also a requirement.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
• Day-to-day successful execution of contracted engineering, procurement, and construction scope in the areas of performance, financial metrics, planning, schedule, quality, scope, risk, contractual compliance, safety, and client satisfaction.
• Author and review technical documents, reports, and proposals.
• Develop project specifications and produce/review design plans and details for moderate to complex designs.
• Evaluate qualifications of subcontractors and oversee and/or manage field operations with a focus on minimizing and mitigating risk.
• Direct, coordinate, and delegate assignments to staff engineers, scientists, technicians, drafters, and other project-specific personnel.
• Manage and effectively organize multi-disciplinary project teams in multiple locations and work collaboratively to achieve results, provide leadership and direction and identify and resolve issues.
• Mid to senior-level engineering and technical review support for projects.
• Support of business development efforts, including preparation of proposals and client interaction.
• Obtain new/repeat business on medium size projects; supports contract negotiations with client peers.
• Manage risk which may include implementing fixed price engineering, new technology(ies), and new clients.
• Support and deliver technical presentations to the client.
• Travel required, as required per project, up to 25%.
Acts as a project manager. Among responsibilities is management of a project team. The individual comprising this team may vary by project.
Bachelor of science degree.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
U.S. Citizenship Status
Applicants must be United States citizens or permanent residents. Only in the absence of qualified U.S. citizens will permanent residents who are citizens of countries specified as exceptions to the appropriations act ban on paying non- U.S. citizens be considered.
Applicants should have a Bachelor's degree in Civil, Environmental or Chemical Engineering or related field and a minimum of 5 years of experience in managing environmental services and remedial construction projects and a minimum of 10 years of overall experience. Master's Degree not required but is a plus.
Licensure and Certification
Applicants should have a Professional Engineer (P.E.) license in good standing. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is not required but is a plus. Must be able to obtain PMP within 6 months of hire.
Specialized training and/or experience preferred
Professional Engineer licensed in the states of Florida and Georgia and additional southeastern states are a plus. Experience working with State/Federal (specifically EPA) hazardous waste projects regulated under CERCLA required.
Drives vision and purpose
Valid Through: 2019-9-13