Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Develop and oversee overall strategy for a portfolio of large/complex remediation sites and ensure regulatory compliance, and apply accepted risk mitigation towards site remediation strategy completion.
• Assess and provide expertise regarding compliance with U.S. environmental regulations and company policies.
• Estimate project life-cycle cost, maintain financial forecasts, and reconcile costs in coordination with company procedures and in alignment with Accounting Standards.
• Interface with key internal and external stakeholders.
• Manage and collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams of specialists, including but not limited to, attorneys, general contractors, consultants, site owners, and subject matter experts.
• Review contractor deliverables and ensure quality/schedule adherence.
• Manage projects in accordance with the company environmental, health & safety program and assure safe work practices are implemented.
• Implement and manage sustainable practices and development within the project scope where applicable.
• Assess and review sustainability practices in accordance with company policies.
• Demonstrate company values and adherence to Company Policies in all aspects of work performance.
• Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 8 years of direct “hands-on” working experience in the field of environmental remediation and compliance.
• Master’s Degree and a minimum of 6 years of direct “hands-on” working experience in the field of environmental remediation and compliance.
• Knowledge of current and emerging remedial technologies and strategy development.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental, Chemical, Civil, Mechanical Engineering or Science related fields strongly preferred.
• Excellent demonstrated project management experience on complex, multi-site portfolio.
• 40-hour HAZWOPR training with current 8-hour refresher.
• Advanced working knowledge of EPA (Environmental Protection Agency), TSCA (Toxic Substance Chemical Act), REACH (Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals), RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances), DOT (Department of Transportation) regulatory requirements.
• Exceptional analytical, communication and leadership skills and trainer skills.
• Regulatory agency negotiation experience.
• HSE (Health, Safety & Environment) Auditor experience and Environmental Management System experience (ISO 14001).
• Experience in EHS (Environment, Health & Safety) management information systems, SAP, financial tools and MS Office.