SNC-Lavalin Inc., Environment & Geoscience (E&G) is seeking a Project Coordinator (or Project Manager) on a full-time basis. This employment opportunity will allow the successful applicant to lead Environmental Management projects primarily in support of a specific client portfolio. The location of this position could be flexible but ideally would be in one of our Burnaby or Vancouver offices.
The main purpose of the position includes, but is not limited to, providing project coordination/management support of various projects. In addition, the position could provide mentoring to staff. The role may include a field component including project site visits / inspections, safety audits and liaison with clients and/or regulators.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Act as a key resource and client contact for environmental management projects (full and partial project life-cycle)
- Project Coordination/management of multiple small to medium projects.
- Support and prepare environmental permit application submissions and regulatory review process.
- Plan, prepare and review environmental protection and mitigation plans
- Prepare, review technical reports associated with regulatory approvals or compliance requirements
- Prepare proposals and cost estimates
- Budget tracking/management
- Ensure technical quality of work including field methodology and review of client deliverables (proposals, reports and mapping)
- Mentor, provide guidance, training and direction to intermediate/ junior staff to ensure the completion of the project scope of work
- Coordinate multi-disciplinary teams
- Establish, maintain relationships, liaison with clients, First Nations, stakeholders and regulatory agencies to ensure project permitting is advanced.
Please note that periodic field work may be required for this position.
What will you contribute?
- University degree or diploma in environmental science or related studies
- Minimum of 7-10 years’ experience focusing on environmental management or planning projects.
- Previous consulting experience
- Has obtained, or is eligible for, a professional designation (e.g., R.P.Bio., P.Ag.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to write and/or review complex studies and reports
- Experience coordinating/managing projects
- Demonstrable knowledge of environmental mitigation and protection planning measures
- Experience working on construction projects
- Demonstrated professionalism and commitment to continuous improvement
- Recognized ability to work independently and succeed in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary team environment
- Proven knowledge of environmental permit, approval and compliance requirements (e.g., WSA, Fisheries Act, SARA, DAS, PER, BCEAA, IAA, and others).
- Proven track record developing client relationships
- Experience with community engagement activities to support environmental assessment process an asset
- Environmental auditing certification or experience an asset
- Experience on BC Hydro projects an asset