What You Will Do
The EPC-WMP Group, RCRA Permitting/Compliance Team provides institutional technical leadership and direction to line organizations for compliance with federal, state, and local environmental regulations and executive orders, including legal agreements, orders, and directives. The Environmental Professional reports to and receives direction from the RCRA Permitting/Compliance Team Leader and Group Management. This position will provide technical and RCRA compliance support to the TA55 FOD and NPI-7 Group. This position will work closely with other members of the team involving the identification, interpretation, and implementation of applicable regulations; development and submittal of plans and permit applications; collection and reporting of compliance and performance data; transmittal of vital information; submittal of required reports; preparation of notices, responses to regulatory agencies; and negotiations with regulatory agencies. This position is expected to attract individuals requiring minimal supervision and with a self-motivated job ethic and have a solid foundation of the hazardous waste regulations.
What You Need
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Perform hazardous waste site inspections/audits of operations and facilities throughout the TA55 FOD and recommend appropriate action to management in compliance with regulations.
- Interface with all levels of Laboratory staff and managers, representatives of the US Department of Energy (DOE), state and federal subject matter experts (SMEs) stakeholders and regulators.
- Perform expert technical analyses and/or reviews of characterization data collected from a broad range of waste characterization techniques to determine whether waste meets shipping, acceptance, and/or processing criteria.
- Prepare and present waste management reports.
- Perform procedure reviews to ensure RCRA and Permit compliance.
- Interpret RCRA regulations and Permit requirements.
- Draft regulatory white papers, guidance, reports and Waste Treatment Report Forms.
- Provide customer support to NPI-7 managers and staff.
- Provide waste generator support.
- Support compliance with used oil, universal waste, SAA, CAA and TSD requirements along with Chem Haz, TRU, MTRU, LLW, MLLW.
- Provide briefings or trainings to customers regarding RCRA and Permit requirements.
- Review waste characterization.
- Support TA55 FOD quarterly STP reports.
- Provide regulatory and TSD support to WMC's, technicians, AK specialists and FLM's.
- General experience working with regulators.
- General knowledge of the geography and operations of the Laboratory; knowledge of and experience with related environmental fields (e.g., water quality compliance, air quality compliance, Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA), Solid Waste, risk assessment, environmental surveillance and assessments).
- Knowledge of radioactive waste management requirements and knowledge of DOE Orders and Laboratory environmental/waste management policies and procedures is also desired.
Education: Position typically requires a minimum five years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Notes to Applicants: For full consideration, applicants should submit a comprehensive cover letter that addresses the key requirements (Minimum Job Requirements and Desired Skills) of the position.