TRC Companies, Inc, a pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960s, is a national environmental consulting and construction management firm that provides multi-disciplinary services to the energy, environmental and infrastructure markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in government and industry, implementing complex projects from initial concept through permitting, construction and operation. Join a company whose Vision Statement is: "We will solve the challenges of making the Earth a better place to live - community by community and project by project."
We are seeking an Environmental Permitting Project Manager to join our Permitting, Planning and Licensing team. This successful candidate is passionate about their work, driven by intellectual curiosity, and strives to work collectively to best serve our clients and help create the future of our communities in meaningful and sustainable ways. The Environmental Permitting Project Manager will report to the Clifton Park, NY office and will support development, implementation, maintenance, and improvement of key permitting programs to support quality and strategic growth plans.
- The successful applicant will be involved in a wide variety of energy-related projects including electric transmission, natural gas pipeline, and renewable energy (wind/solar) generation projects.
- Applicants must have experience permitting projects at the federal, state, and local levels.
- Be able to effectively coordinate field work, direct and support other technical staff, interact in the field with clients, stakeholders and contractors, and manage budgets, invoicing and schedules.
- Experience with New York State Article 10, Article VII and Part 102, SEQRA Permitting, New York State DEC Freshwater Wetlands Program, Federal Clean Water Act and FERC Certificates is required.
- The successful candidate will have staff management responsibilities and work closely with the existing management to grow the TRC team.
- We invest in our employees and desire candidates who can combine high-level technical expertise with commercial acumen and leadership.
- We focus on recruiting people who possess the flexibility to grow with TRC, in a way that works with your own personal interests, strengths and passion.
- We understand your career is a journey rather than a destination and along the path you choose, we will strive to provide you with support, structure and opportunities to help you succeed.
- Minimum qualifications include a bachelor's degree in environmental science, natural resources, biology, ecology, or related field, and 10 years of post-degree experience.
- Strong ability to prioritize, organize, and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply environmental compliance and permitting regulations of applicable regulatory agencies, including FERC, the EPA, USACE, USFWS, New York Public Service Commission and NYSDEC.
- Excellent verbal communication and technical communication skills are mandatory.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude working under aggressive schedules.
- The candidate must have a strong ability to prioritize, organize, and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously.
- The ability to prepare clear and concise reports, procedures, correspondence, and other written materials is also required.
- Desired Qualifications:
- Previous staff management experience is preferred.