We are seeking a Senior Project Manager for our Permitting, Planning and Licensing Practice in Ann Arbor, Michigan. This successful candidate must be passionate about their work, driven by intellectual curiosity, and strive to work collectively to best serve our clients and help create the future of our communities in meaningful and sustainable ways. The Senior Project Manager will be located in our established Ann Arbor, Michigan office and will support various energy and infrastructure projects throughout Michigan and surrounding states. This is a newly created position within an office comprised of 25 employees, this position will support TRC's quality and strategic growth plans in the Great Lakes region.
- The successful applicant will be involved in a wide variety of energy-related projects including electric transmission, natural gas pipeline, and renewable energy (wind/solar) generation projects.
- Applicants must have experience conducting wetland delineations and permitting projects at the federal, state, and local levels.
- Experience with Michigan permitting processes for energy projects (i.e., electric and gas transmission siting and solar/wind development), Michigan wetland permitting, Federal Clean Water Act permitting is preferred and FERC project certification is a plus.
- Be able to effectively coordinate field work, direct and support other technical staff, interact in the field with clients, stakeholders and contractors, and manage budgets, invoicing and schedules.
- The successful applicant will have the opportunity to build their own Team in the Ann Arbor office and will receive technical and field support from surrounding regional offices and qualified staff until established locally.
- The ideal candidate will provide leadership in our Planning, Permitting and Licensing practice in Ann Arbor. They will mentor junior staff and have the ability to manage a diverse array of projects.
- This position offers opportunities to work collaboratively with other disciplines within TRC's Environmental Sector.
- We invest in our employees and desire candidates who can combine high-level technical expertise with commercial acumen and leadership.
- We focus on recruiting people who possess the flexibility to grow with TRC, in a way that works with your own personal interests, strengths and passions.
- We understand your career is a journey rather than a destination and along the path you choose, we will strive to provide you with support, structure and opportunities to help you succeed.
- Minimum qualifications include a bachelor's degree in environmental science, natural resources, biology, ecology, or related field, and 8 to 10 years of post-degree experience.
- Strong ability to prioritize, organize, and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply environmental compliance and permitting regulations of applicable regulatory agencies, including FERC, the EPA, USACE, USFWS, Michigan Public Service Commission, Michigan DEQ and Michigan DNR.
- Excellent verbal communication and technical communication skills are mandatory.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude working under aggressive schedules.
- The candidate must have a strong ability to prioritize, organize, and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously.
- The ability to prepare clear and concise reports, procedures, correspondence, and other written materials is also required.