This role is responsible for managing environmental and construction permits, (including modifications, renewals and preparation of reports as required by OOS, OCS or OSC) and interpretation of associated regulations.
- Maintain and enhance relationships as the company's liaison with local, state, and federal regulatory agencies.
- Develop and implement strategic business/action plan, provide leadership, and deliver performance results to expand Environmental Planning (EP) services and client base and generate repeat business.
- Ensure permit related compliance programs and plans are adequately managed, implemented, and maintained, and ensure permit conditions are understood by key stakeholders (internal & external).
- Serve as a key member of the 'core' technical team to drive profitable growth across the EP service lines (environmental impact assessment, permitting, and risk assessment) in Alaska.
- Contribute to business development of Olgoonik's EP technical community. Identify and develop new opportunities, prepare effective technical proposals, and take an active leadership role in developing new business with new and existing clients.
- Serve as senior practitioner for National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) environmental assessment (EA) and environmental impact statement (EIS) projects and related activities in support of Olgoonik's clients' capital projects (i.e., oil and gas, mining, construction and renewable energy projects).
- Contribute to preparing EAs/EISs and associated management plans in compliance with NEPA, serving in roles ranging from lead technical expert to QA/QC. Achieve client's expectations for scope, budget, schedule, and quality.
- Capitalize on existing Olgoonik client relationships to expand Olgoonik's profile and market share in the EP market through a combination of excellence in technical delivery and business development.
- Work with other Olgoonik resources to deepen relationships with key clients and establish new client relationships that result in significant net revenue growth.
- Coordinate with field engineering team and project managers to verify all technical aspects of permit, obtain sign off on permits, and aid with proposal development.
- Coordinates with field engineering team all geographic information system data or other drawings required to support permit such as locating any known services on the Geographic Information System drawing.
- Work with the Environmental Coordinator to verify all environmental aspects of permit.
- Develop and oversee planning and engineering permit "tracking" process.
- Research, develop, and maintain permit information in a database for use in reports and special projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.
Education and/or Experience:
- 8-10 years of relevant experience is required.
- A bachelor's degree in an environmental science or engineering is required; a Master's is preferred.
- A background in civil engineering is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of Permitting regulations and stipulations.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Suite of products including, Word, Excel, Access and E-mail business software.
- Must demonstrate a good attitude and ability to work as a member of a Team.
- Position requires self-motivation and the ability to work effectively under a minimum of supervision.
- Must be able to multi-task efficiently, work in a fast paced environment on multiple projects, and have a strong attention for detail.