To ensure the actions and operations of the environmental staff are integrated and aligned with thebusiness objectives of Raba Kistner Environmental and Raba Kistner, Inc. as a whole, thus helpling to ensure success for the company, our employees and our clients. This will entail three primary functions: managing/supervising/driving staff; managing/supervising/driving the deliverables and project schedules; and managing key clients and their expectations while identifying and developing new clients/opportunities.
The Operations Manager's primary responsibility is to manage marketplace environmental staff and oversee and/or manage environmenal projects to ensure achievement of annual net revenue and profit goals. TheOperations Manager will be actively engaged in business development activities by maintaining visibility and tieswith assigned key decision makers in both the public and private sectors. The Operations Manager will represent the firm in targeted professional and community organizations.
The Environmental Operations Manager will report directly to the Regional Environmental Manager andwork closely with the marketplace senior leadership and Senior Vice President, Environmental to achieve marketplace objectives.
EMPLOYEE SHALL HAVE THE FOLLOWING MINIMUM DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Technical Knowledge: A broad and diverse knowledge and understanding of environmental rules and regulations as they apply to business and industry and the ability to discuss them in layman's terms and apply them in site specific scenarios.
2. Positive Atmosphere: Foster a positive atmosphere for continual growth of environmental services staff.
3. Supervision: Supervise Houston, Conroe, Dallas, San Antonio and Austin based environmental staff.
4. Organization skills: Use a system to manage daily/weekly and monthly staff requirements, activities and deliverables in accordance with project schedules and internal and external expectations.
5. Quality Control: Know and understand the degree/ level of quality expected by our clients, required bythe agencies and demanded internally and establish systems that ensure our products conform to those standards.
6. Customer Service: Consult with clients to determine project plans and schedules. Be focused onclient/customer retention and development/growth.
7. Good Judgment: Make sound and timely decisions regarding the business, clients and staff.
8. Interpersonal skills - Establish and maintain productive internal and external relationships as they relate tothe overall good health and reputation of the Company.
9. Travel: Be prepared to travel between the Houston, Conroe, Dallas, Austin, and San Antonio offices as well as to client locations as required.
10. Reporting: Prepare and develop technical reports based on the applicable rules, regulations or standards for clients and/or agencies. Prepare and develop internal business reports as required that addressthe health of the business operations.
11. Safety: Understand, adhere and participate in the Raba Kistner Health and Safety and Behavior BasedSafety Programs and set a good safety example.
12. Strategic Planning: Participate and contribute to Annual Strategic and Business Planning processes.
13. Project Oversight: Oversee and/or manage Environmental projects to meet client expectations andinternal profit margins.
14. Proposal Development: Lead, prepare or assist in preparation of proposal and/or qualifications for Regulatory Planning and Permitting opportunities.
1. Assist Marketplace business development staff with sales and marketing pursuits as needed. Assistance may include but not necessarily be limited to proposal preparation, preparation of SOQs, and client presentations, meetings and maintenance activities.
2. Participate as needed in targeted project pursuits.
3. Identify and develop strategic clients and/or partnerships to facilitate growth of Marketplace Environmental Services.
4. Maintain a high level of visibility with environmental services clients and actively participate as a member in approved civic organizations and professional societies that are beneficial to business success.
5. Serve as liaison between environmental staff and clients to help resolve client issues as needed.
6. Participate as required in trade shows and other business development events.
EMPLOYEE SHALL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Must have 10-15 years' experience in the environmental industry with a range of experience in compliance (air, water and waste), geosciences (assessment and/or remediation), and/or natural resources (wetlands, endangered species, etc.)/cultural resources. Environmental consulting experience is preferred but not required.
2. 8-10 years of Project Management Experience. Project Management skills to manage all aspects of large projects (marketing, proposal development, contract negotiations, and project execution).
3. 5-10 years supervisory experience including supervision of professional and technical staff.
4. 5-10 years P&L management.
5. Demonstrated experience building and leading successful teams.
6. Demonstrated Business Development Experience.
7. Candidate must have a Bachelor's degree or higher in environmental science/engineering, chemistry, geology, biology or related field. Masters Degrees and/or applicable certifications (PG, PMP, REM, etc.) arepreferred but not required.
8. Must be able to maintain a stable and competent group of technical team members.
9. Must be able to infuse a team-centric focus into the staff and encourage cross-team collaboration and execution.
10. Must be able to successfully manage long sales cycles with multiple potential clients while maintaining and developing existing client relationships.
11. Must be able to effectively read and interpret information, present numerical data in a resourceful manner and skillfully gather and analyze information. Design and deliver effective, persuasive presentations both formally and informally.
12. Must be able to work well with all levels of people within the organization and outside of the companyto achieve Client/customer retention and development/growth.
13. Must be able to anticipate issues/problems and develop creative, out-of-the-box solutions to solve problems.
14. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher).
15. Able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing at multiple levels with employees, clients and vendors.
16. Requires professional appearance, agreeable personality, and the ability to build a cohesive team.
17. Must be able to work beyond the normal work schedule when needed.
18. Possess valid Texas driver's license and meet company's auto insurability requirements.
19. Ability to interface with and between regulatory agencies and private industry.
20. Ability to work independently on a job site.
21. 40 hour OSHA HAZWOPER/8-hour refresher.
1. Works in normal office work environment.
2. Work related responsibilities require travel to client offices or event locations, as necessary.
Must pass a drug test prior to employment and will be subject to post-accident, random, and reasonable cause testing during employment.