Environmental Operations Group Leader
8 - 10 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) is a provider of professional and technical engineering and consulting solutions to public and private sector clients in the infrastructure, energy, construction, program management and environmental markets. NV5 is an ENR Top 500 firm; we offer a full range of professional services in offices throughout the U.S.
NV5 is seeking a Senior-level Environmental Operations Group Leader in its Albuquerque, New Mexico office. The Environmental Operations Group Leader is responsible for leading a comprehensive environmental services group with special emphasis on all levels of environmental documentation, cultural resources, natural resources, transportation projects and NEPA permitting, GIS, and Phase I Environmental Site Assessments. This Environmental Operations Group Leader will also be involved in business development and proposal writing efforts related to the four main programs (NEPA Group, Natural Resources, Cultural Resources, and GIS). The successful candidate must have leadership and managerial experience and possess professional consulting experience in NEPA and infrastructure projects. Otherresponsibilities include managing a growing environmental, biological, and archaeological staff; overseeing budgets and schedules and on multiple projects, and provide QA/QC on multiple levels.
- Oversee staff and projects for multiple disciplines including NEPA, biology, wetlands, Clean Water Act permitting, cultural resources, GIS, and hazardous materials (Phase I ESAs).
- Oversee project budgets, schedules, and quality.
- Provide direction and guidance to staff and clients on best approaches, decisions, and quality outcomes.
- Develop relationships with existing and new clients to understand their specific needs and nuances.
- Provide client management, financial management, problem project resolution, and successful completion of projects.
- Work collaboratively with other geographic regions to ensure NV5 operates effectively as one company.
- Assist or participate in business development efforts, bid and proposal strategy and pricing.
- Ensure office operations run smoothly.
- A Master's degree in environmental science, planning, biology, ecology, archaeology, historic preservation, socioeconomics, or other similar environmentally related field is preferred although experience may be able to be substituted for the degree.
- A minimum of eight years of experience as a Project Manager preparing NEPA documentation and technical studies supporting local, state and federal transportation projects. Must have experience in all aspects of project management including budgeting, scheduling, managing staff, developing scopes of work from pre-field efforts to report completion, and providing technical oversight.
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills are mandatory. Prior primary authorship in a NEPA context for a variety of projects with emphasis on infrastructure is preferred.
- A working knowledge of all federal regulations triggered by the NEPA process. Knowledge of the state regulatory structures in Colorado, New Mexico, Texas as well tribal experience a plus.
- Be approximately 40 percent billable in providing NEPA documentation and/or other technical area support.
- Experience and ability to oversee multiple complex projects and programs, in diverse settings and with changing requirements.
- Demonstrated business development success, supervisory experience, established credibility with local, state, and/or federal agencies and clients, and proposal success.
- Proven commitment to and success in developing high performing teams.
- Ability to develop and maintain client relationships.
- Experience in a rapid paced, time sensitive, high quality environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally with staff, clients, and with individuals at all levels of government and private industry.
- Ability to travel to support business needs.
- Must be able to work 8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday, with occasional overtime
- Possess a valid driver's license and driving record acceptable to our insurance carrier.
- Provide inspiring leaership.
- Ability to manage staff and ensure the environmental operations runs smoothly.
- Ability to create innovative and effective client solutions.
- Grow and assist in leading the NV5 Albuquerque Environmental Services Program with a focus on transportation (highways, bridges, and railroad), energy (oil and gas, electric transmission and distribution) and/or otherinfrastructure sector clients.
- Provide leadership and management on a wide variety of environmental planning and permitting projects for energy, government, and private sector clients throughout Southwest.
- Experience with and ability to hire, train, develop, mentor, and retain junior staff as our client base and workload grows.
- Desire to thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative team atmosphere
- Proven experience in building rapport and trust with key clients, business leaders, and team members.
- Proven team-building and positive influencing skills
- Must demonstrate strong ethics, influence and negotiation, leadership, the ability to effectively manage stress and engage in continuous learning.