Engility delivers innovative solutions to critical challenges facing the nation and the world. As a premier provider of integrated services for the U.S. government, we support the Department of Defense, intelligence community, space communities, federal civilian agencies and international customers. Engility is dedicated to making lives better, safer and more secure.
The Remote Sensing Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) team El Segundo, CA has an immediate need for a Weather SEIT Lead with space system, satellite, and ground experience. This individual will have experience in Department of Defense (DoD) Space-Based systems. Candidate will provide SE&I support to the Weather Enterprise programs in support of the Space and Missile Systems Center Remote Sensing Directorate (SMC/RS). Candidate will support Environmental Monitoring program system engineering and integration activities to include requirements definition, change impact analysis, technical baseline and schedule integration, verification planning and execution, and risk/issue management. Candidate should have experience with space and ground systems (especially at SMC), system acquisition, and the systems engineering lifecycle. Major duties of the position include:
- Ensuring effective integration and planning across multiple space and ground programs, hardware and software, and all other aspects of systems and organizations within the Enterprise.
- Ensuring successful execution of all Weather systems engineering, integration, test and transition to operations activities.
- Providing leadership over planning and scheduling activities, as well as conducting schedule and manpower/cost analyses as required to ensure the government maintains proper levels of margin to manage risk.
- Interacting with the prime contractor and government leads to ensure that all system requirements are coordinated, scheduled and planned across the SMC/RS Enterprise.
- Supporting the customer in defining, capturing, and maintaining the technical, schedule, and cost risk data throughout the system lifecycle. Developing risk mitigation courses of action and assessing impacts of risks and proposed changes.
- Providing on-going communication, engagement and collaboration across the enterprise (space segment, ground segment, systems engineering, advanced planning, etc), while identifying and managing integration issues and risks.
- Performing technical reviews, and assessments; coordinating analyses efforts, methods, and techniques; developing products and briefings; and performing technical engagement with, and briefings for and to, government customers, stakeholders, and the prime contractor.
- Leveraging enterprise level systems engineering and integration processes to manage operational transition and fielding of a multi-segment complex system.
- Developing transition to operations plans and supporting reviews, as well as utilizing and improving systems engineering processes.
- Identifying issues, evaluating alternatives, developing plans, resolving technical issues, and interfacing with functional areas across the enterprise.
- Integrating activities over the lifecycle of systems within the Enterprise including pre-contractual, development production, operations and sustainment.
- Developing acquisition-related briefings, plans, papers, and other documentation in support of SMC/RS decision making.
- Collaborating with prime contractors, other support contractors, government civilians, and members of the U.S. Air Force.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Math, Science, or Engineering.
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- 20+ years of strong demonstrated space program management or systems engineering leadership, with requirements and interface management, risk management, change boards and change board environment experience.
- Strong, proactive leader who takes the initiative to identify, own and solve customer problems.
- Extremely motivated individual who is a self-starter and a team player.
- Experience managing operational transitions and fielding of complex satellite systems.
- Knowledge of development lifecycle, project integration, schedule analysis and stakeholder processes.
- Candidate should have experience with Space and Ground systems (especially at SMC), Weather systems, OPIR systems, ground and space system acquisition, and systems engineeringexperience.
- Tracking issues and risks, analyzing schedules, and facilitating sessions to bring resolution to identified issues.
- Develop transition to operations plans, supporting design reviews and engineering boards, as well as develop improved systems engineering processes.
- Experience with requirements and interface management, risk management, change boards and change board environment.
- Demonstrated experience working with Air Force/DoD customers in an acquisition environment.
- Ability to provide a wide variety of technical analyses, program management insight and thought leadership to a government customer.
- Ability to think critically, synthesize information from multiple sources into comprehensive plans, assimilate diverse user and mission needs, identify technical issues, and understand impacts within and external to the enterprise.
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Experience writing and delivering technical documents and briefings.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills as well as organizational skill.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to enable working, interfacing, and interrelating with diverse personnel and dynamic teams.
- Advanced degree in math, science, or engineering is preferred.
- Weather and/or SBIRS-specific experience highly desirable