Farnsworth Group is seeking an experienced Environmental professional to join our growing Oil & Gas Environmental Services team. Candidates should have a proven track record of successfully developing, leading and implementing environmental permitting and compliance consulting to the oil and gas industry. This is a position of leadership with responsibility for operational excellence, staff and business development, client relations and technical delivery. Preferred locations include: Lisle, IL; St. Louis, MO; Denver, CO; Charlotte, NC.
Job Duties include:
- Contribute to the growth and development of target client accounts with particular emphasis in the oil and gas industry.
- Support the environmental business line through client outreach, pursuit, capture, management and execution of a range of permitting, planning and compliance projects.
- Provide support and expertise for environmental permitting and compliance programs.
- Work closely with client development teams to support winning new permitting and compliance opportunities. Represent Farnsworth at technical seminars and industry conferences.
- Provide technical support and project management for a variety of projects involving refined petroleum products, crude oil and natural gas pipelines and related facilities.
- Managing all aspects of environmental permitting for capital or Operations & Maintenance projects, including site assessment.
- Overseeing contractor implementation of environmental conditions and mitigation measures as set forth in Client Plans and Procedures, FERC Certificates, and all other permits, clearances, or other authorizing documents.
- Serve as the liaison to federal, state, and local regulatory agencies to manage environmental permitting, regulatory and compliance issues on behalf of the company/client.
- Supervise and mentor junior staff.
Specific Requirements include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering or related field of study.
- 10+ years of experience in Environmental services within the Oil & Gas industry
- Strong interpersonal, execution and relationship management skills.
- Demonstrated marketing and business development success.
- Ability to identify and support winning work with oil and gas clients.
- Ability to build comprehensive and concise written proposals with supporting pricing. Identifying key tasks and resources to execute the work and coordinate as necessary.
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communications skills.
- Team oriented, but ability to work independently and be self-directed given clear goals and objectives.
- Experience in working with off-the-shelf and client-specific compliance tools and management systems in support of upstream and midstream oil and gas clients' operations.
- Working knowledge of regulations that pertain to oil and gas operations, waste, air emissions, water discharges, emergency planning, and community-right-to-know. FERC experience required.
- Ability to travel to support business development and project efforts.
- Effectively represent the company and client/project in public forums.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits program that includes:
- Medical/Dental Plans
- Prescription Drug Program
- Vision Plan
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Account
- Time-off Benefits