5 - 7 years experience • Chemicals
The Environmental Manager will be responsible for compliance with all Environmental Standards/Regulations, such as Clean Water, Waste, Air quality and Pollution as well as monitoring the progress of key initiatives that are designed to address critical environmental opportunities and promote sustainability for the Kalama Plant. Self-motivated and able to utilize critical thinking to facilitate continuous improvement of the plant’s environmental performance and culture.
- Lead the tactics and strategies developed for environmental initiatives to ensure compliance with all Federal, State, Local and Company environmental regulations.This includes Prepare federal, state, and local permit applications and exercise regulatory oversight for related programs.
- Responsible for completing monthly, quarterly, semiannual, and annual environmental reports, including Title V, NESHAP FF, HWC MACT, Boiler NSPS, GHG, TRI (SARA 313), NESHAP EEEE, NPDES, RCRA, and others.
- Effectively collaborate, communicate, counsel, train and provide technical direction for all plant personnel involved in environmental activities.
- Prepare and manage department annual budget.
- Develop, propose, and conduct environmental tests on air (ambient and process), water (drinking, storm and waste) and solid wastes, and evaluate and act upon the results.
- Continuously assess the plant’s environmental climateand provide feedback to the Site Director
- Collaborate with Health & Safety Manager to ensure alignment with applicable initiatives
- Resolve environmental challenges and opportunities and ensuring necessary changes are implemented
- Mentor and coach the activities of direct report(s) (providing leadership and development) and any / all contractors and consultants involved in related environmental programs (e.g. waste management), field sampling and emissions testing for the site.
- Develop, implement, maintain and drive EKC sustainability plan to improve process and facility improvements to meet sustainability objectives.
- Manage ISO14000 certification.
- Supervise Environmental Technician
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Special Physical Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental/Chemical Engineering or Environmental Science
- Minimum of 5 years in a manufacturing environment with experience in managing environmental initiates, permitting, establishing policies/standards, and improving sustainability.
- Excellent communication (written/verbal), interpersonal, leadership, and coaching skills
- Proven ability to lead, modify and improve plant’s environmental culture
- Ability to interpret environmental regulatory information
- Experience in working with local, various state and federal regulatory agencies while representing the company in a professional manner
- Ability to build and maintain relations internally and externally at all levels of the business
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Experienced in proactively leading cross functional teams in environmental problem resolution
- Experience assessing and monitoring environmental risks