Goodyear. More Driven.
Job Title: Environmental Manager
Manage and facilitate corporate and government (Federal, State and Local) regulatory programs in a manner that ensures compliance with the regulations, permits and directives resulting from these programs.
Provide supervision, guidance and direction to the environmental department staff including employees, contractors, consultants and vendors. Identify training needs and monitor career development opportunities of junior staff. Prepare the annual operating budget for the environmental department; monitor and track costs, prepare weekly financial accruals and report the financial performance to the leadership team.
Interact with other plant (and corporate) departments to ensure the efficient operation of the plant and serve as a facilitator to promote and enhance environmental performance improvements and compliance.
- Monitor, evaluate, and interpret environmental legislation and regulations for the purpose of determining applicability to the plant.
- Network with trade associations and industry groups.
- Report to the leadership team on regulatory developments and prepare strategies on meeting requirements.
- Develop systems for maintaining and documenting regulatory and permitting compliance.
- Communicate requirements and compliance tools up, down and across the organization.
- Supervise staff of environmental professionals working on waste, wastewater, air and water issues.
- Prioritize and direct work assignments, duties, responsibilities and projects as necessary to ensure productivity and compliance.
- Formally communicate with the entire staff on a routine basis to ensure cross functionality.
- Prepare and coordinate periodic reports required by permits and regulatory requirements.
- Respond to agency requests.
- Perform work product reviews and ensure internal business team leaders are provided opportunity for review.
Requirements and Education
- B.S. degree in engineering discipline.
- At least ten (10) years’ experience in the environmental compliance field in the combined areas of Air, Waste and Wastewater in the chemical or related industries or areas.
- Familiarity with CAA, CWA, RCRA, DOT, CERCLA and SARA regulations.
- Demonstrate skills needed to read, interpret, identify applicability to processes or equipment, and apply the requirements to a facility in procedures, work instructions or recommendations for modifications or new projects.
- Proven ability to lead a team of engineering and technical professionals.
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 66,000 people and manufactures its products in 49 facilities in 22 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry.