The Environmental Manager should be able to work with cross functional teams to meet the corporate PR and sustainability goals to enhance the brand reputation of the company and to create a favorable business environment in the responsible area while ensuring Environmental compliance with the regulatory bodies.Job Description:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the Environmental compliance across the enterprise.
- Develop, implement and audit the necessary programs to comply with the Local, State and Federal Environmental Protection regulations.
- Continually evaluate the company impact on the environment and develop strategies to reduce or eliminate the impact.
- Determine, obtain and maintain proper environmental permits.
- Conduct investigations on environmental releases to determine reportable and preventable measures.
- Ensure completion and submission of proper reports to EPA and associated organizations.
- Conduct environmental audits.
- Develop and implement corrective action for environmental exposure.
- Develop and conduct environmental training.
- Work with local municipalities.
- Work with the Sustainability Director to promote sustainability for the company.
- Brief executives on regulatory issues
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree (BS) in Environmental Engineering or related field
- 7-10 years experience related to environmental compliance
- Excellent communication skills with a proven track record in written communication.
- Strong knowledge of corporate responsibility & environmental compliance.
- Leadership, networking and influencing skills – with track record of working internally across different business functions and with subject matter experts and subject matter leaders
- Proficiency in Microsoft word, excel and powerpoint.
- Must be able to work professionally with flexibility in handling multiple priorities.
- Strong organizational skills