$150K — $200K *
• B.S. Degree in Environmental Science, Engineering, Geology, Industrial Hygiene or related field. Master's degree desirable.
• Minimum of 10 years of directly related professional experience.
• Experience with environmental due diligence, site characterization, remedial design and implementation, regulatory compliance, industrial monitoring, and indoor air quality.
• Ability to utilize standard office suite software and business accounting software.
• Familiarity and working expertise with major environmental and safety regulations (e.g., RCRA, CERCLA, CWA, CAA, OSHA, TSCA, EPCRA) required.
• Ability to travel as necessary to complete duties.
• Registration as Professional Engineer or Geologist strongly desired. Other Certifications (e.g. CHMM, CIH, CSP, etc.) considered.
• Must have a valid driver's license
• Current OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER and Refresher Training.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including client presentations, technical reporting, and written proposals.
• Proven Business Development Skill – strong networking, ability to identify and develop markets, in-depth knowledge of local market, local client base, capable of obtaining opportunities, leading proposal and presentation efforts, and capturing work.
• Strong project, personnel, and client management skills.
Willingness to Travel
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Responsible for directing all development and performance of environmental services at the Bethpage/NYC/Albany offices. These include Environmental Due Diligence (Phase I/II ESAs); Property condition Assessments (PCA); Underground Storage Tank Assessment, Remediation, and Closure; Industrial Client Permitting & Compliance; Stormwater Permitting & Compliance, Environmental Site Characterization, Sampling, Remedial Design/Implementation; Emergency Response Management; Industrial Wastewater, Hazardous Waste, Oil Pollution Prevention, and Air Emissions Permitting, Planning and Compliance; and other related services as they occur.
2. Responsible for business development of Environmental Department Services to maintain backlog and achieve budget goals.
3. Manage department personnel resources.
4. Identify and cultivate long-term client relationships.
5. Prepare or direct preparation of project proposals, estimates, and budgets.
6. Prepare, review, and edit project reports and technical support documentation generated by various technical personnel.
7. Perform quality assurance/quality control of reports, proposals, client communications, and regulatory agency submissions
8. Manage or direct management or department projects, including maintenance of project level profit.
9. Work with other Branch departments to find synergies and efficiencies for client development, work acquisition, cross-training, and utilization of resources.
10. Participate in budgeting and other Branch planning operations.
11. Utilizes a combination of project management, technical, business management, and business development skills to develop and execute business with a targeted list of commercial, state and local clients with goals for revenue, cash management, and direct margin, and achieving client satisfaction/repeat business.
12. Supervises daily activity of a project team including technical and administrative support, and ensures that deliverables are produced to proposed specifications on schedule and within budget.
Valid through: 7/8/2020