For 70+ years, Parsons has been a leader in the world of Engineering. We are excited about the accelerated growth in our mining reclamation portfolio and the increasing demand for Environmental Engineers as well as all types and levels of Craft and Trade skills, full time and part time. We are seeking the best and most innovative talents and minds to help us on projects that clean up the environment. Are you ready to make a difference?
In anticipation of upcoming pursuits, we’d like to share opportunities that will challenge you and continue to propel your career forward! Please review the list of requirements and connect with us. We look forward to understanding your interests and how we can team up for a mutually rewarding experience.
Parsons is looking for an Environmental Lead to join our team to support abandoned mine opportunities at Faro, YT. We are looking for staff who have experience managing northern active and abandoned mines, and are familiar with environmental monitoring including sampling and analyzing groundwater and surface water. The successful candidate will provide expertise and technical assistance to a team managing ongoing operations at unique northern abandoned mines. Preferred applicants will be willing to work on a causal basis and on an as needed basis in Faro, YT. While this particular opportunity is a relief position for the Summer, Parsons is bidding on future mine-related environmental projects this year. If awarded these projects, Parsons may soon have additional full-time opportunities which we will also post and consider qualified candidates.
- Diploma or degree in related field
- 5+ years of work experience water sampling and reporting
- 5+ years of work experience leading large scale environmental monitoring programs
- Familiarity with laboratory data management systems
- Experience managing a chemical laboratory, including meeting CALA proficiency requirements
- Must have the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be able to operate self-sufficiently in field environments