ERM is seeking an experienced Environmental Impact Assessment Principal Consultant with consulting experience and established client relationships to play a key role in growing our business in Anchorage, AK. The ideal candidate will have established relationships with oil and gas, mining and other commercial clients, along with technical expertise leading multi-media environmental permitting, NEPA, and large-scale capital projects.
As a senior leader, you will be fully accountable for successfully selling and consulting on a range of environmental, social, and health impact assessment projects to build a sustainable business locally, while networking with ERM's global technical team to share best practices across the industry.
This is an excellent opportunity for a senior-level professional looking to advance their career with a global environmental leader and to make a significant impact in successfully implementing ERM's global strategy.
- Develop and implement strategic business/action plan, provide leadership, and deliver performance results to expand Impact Assessment & Planning (IAP) services and client base in Alaska and the Northwest US. Serve as a key member of the “core” technical team to drive double-digit profitable growth across the IAP service lines (environmental impact assessment, permitting, and risk assessment) in Alaska.
- As a “seller/doer,” contribute to business development of ERM’s global IAP technical community. Identify and develop new opportunities, prepare effective technical proposals, and take an active leadership role in developing new business with new and existing clients. Develop and expand client relationships that generate repeat business.
- Serve as senior practitioner for NEPA environmental assessment (EA) and environmental impact statement (EIS) projects and related activities in support of ERM clients’ capital projects (i.e., oil and gas, mining, power generation, electrical transmission, renewable energy projects). Contribute to preparing EAs/EISs and associated management plans in compliance with NEPA, serving in roles ranging from lead technical expert to QA/QC. Achieve client’s expectations for scope, budget, schedule, and quality.
- Capitalize on existing ERM client relationships to expand ERM’s profile and market share in the IAP market (through a combination of excellence in technical delivery and business development). Work with other ERM resources to deepen relationships with ERM key clients and establish new client relationships that result in significant net revenue growth.
- Support the general growth and development of ERM’s international IAP service area. Collaborate with other ERM global practitioners to execute impact assessment projects. Participate on teams comprised of impact assessment professionals from multiple offices around the global ERM organization.
- BS/MS in environmental studies, planning, geography, civil or environmental engineering or related field; PE, CEP, AICP or similar registration desired.
- 15+ years of consulting experience with impact assessment and multi-media permitting.
- Proven track record in developing and implementing successful business growth strategies in Alaska.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain long-term relationships with clients, and book personal sales in new IAP consulting services.
- Established relationships with oil and gas, mining, and other commercial companies.
- Solid grasp of the key impact assessment and management issues within the oil and gas sector, as well as a high degree of technical competence and broad knowledge of impact assessment best practices.
- Recognized technical expertise by and established reputation in the marketplace, including positive reputation with key regulators relevant to impact assessment approvals.
- Well-developed teambuilding and influencing skills; unquestioned integrity; and the experience, confidence, and stature to effectively address client and business needs and challenges.
- Positive outlook, collaborative, and driven by the success of ERM as a global company.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics