We are looking for an Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Specialist to join our team. In this role you will work closely with our clients to help them develop and execute EHS policies and assist with ensuring compliance to all applicable local and regional regulations.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Review regulations and guidelines; research regulatory standards and interpretations.
- Design training materials and conduct on-site training to meet regulatory requirements.
- Stay up to date with current Federal and State Environmental and OSHA regulations.
- Prepare compliance submittals and provide program assistance for environmental laws and regulations associated with, but not limited to, hazardous waste, storm water, Tier II reporting, wastewater, and spill planning.
- Assist with updating EHS documentation.
- Conduct industrial hygiene monitoring.
- Possess a thorough understanding of local/regional regulations and company policy.
- Perform site EHS inspections to identify all non-compliance equipment and/or processes at construction, industrial, and emergency response sites.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong analytical skills and good attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and put in the time needed to get the job done.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English, with proven presentation and training skills.
- Proven knowledge and skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- 40 Hour HAZWOPER training a plus.
- Previous consulting, construction, manufacturing, or industrial experience.
- Ability to climb ladders, industrial stairs, scaffolding and traverse job sites with uneven terrain in extreme weather conditions.
- Ability to travel 30% or more depending on client needs. For this role, travel outside the continental US (but still within US territories) will occur on a quarterly basis. Some travel may be short notice.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Hygiene, Risk Management, Environmental Health and Safety or a bachelor’s degree in any other scientific or engineering field.
- 5 years of experience in Environmental, Health & Safety.
- Working knowledge and understanding of Federal and State Environmental and OSHA standards with the ability to identify EHS hazards.
- Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.