Environmental Health & Safety Specialist - Pharmaceutical
5 - 7 years experience • Biotech/Pharma
Permanent opportunity to join a global pharmaceutical company in Long Island! Generic pharmaceutical experience preferred. Exciting role with lots of opportunity for career growth!
Title of Position: Environmental, Health and Safety Specialist II
Position reports to: Manager of Environmental Health and Safety
Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Conduct environmental monitoring activities, prepare and submit monthly regulatory reports.
- Maintain safety equipment inventory, perform inspections, monitor/track hazardous waste removal activities including assisting in consolidation of hazardous waste (chemical, medical regulated, and radioactive).
- Conduct/Track EHScompliance training; perform inspections/audits of laboratory environment and facility to ensure compliance.
- Monitor and evaluate occupational safety and health concerns including physical, chemical and/or biological hazards.
- Participate in First Aid Team and Hazardous Materials Spill Response Team activities preventing and minimizing adverse impact on employees and environment.
Minimum qualifications including prior experience and knowledge required to perform this job:
- 5+ year’s hands-on experience in the pharmaceutical or related industry. Experience in the manufacturingenvironment desirable.
Minimum training/education required to perform job and develop functionally in this position:
- Minimum BSdegree from an accredited college/university in engineering, natural sciences, health and safety, industrial hygiene or environmental discipline.
- Up to date HAZWOPER, RCRA, DOT certifications a plus.
Additional Desirable Qualifications necessary to successfully perform this position:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Power Point.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- High energy