Built on talent, technology, and trust, Grace is a leading global supplier of catalysts and engineered materials. The company’s two industry-leading business segments—Catalysts Technologies and Materials Technologies—provide innovative products, technologies, and services that enhance the products and processes of our customers around the world. Grace employs approximately 3,900 people in over 30 countries.
Summary of the duties of the job:
Accountable to manage the development and implementation of environmental, health, safety and security (EHSS) programs at the Lake Charles plant and the Houston Warehouse
Primary responsibilities for this job:
- Manages the overall EHSS system for Lake Charles and Houston Warehouse.
- Manages the following programs to comply and drive continuous improvement with Process Safety Management (PSM): Incident Investigations, Employee Participation, Compliance Audits, Emergency Planning and Response, and Training.
- Ensures alignment with Corporate EHS initiatives and objectives. Maintains close communications with Corporate EHS for collaboration and guidance as required.
- Manages Voluntary Protection Program and communications with OSHA.
- Ensures all environmental compliance, reporting, and permit requirements are met for Lake Charles and Houston warehouse.
- Manages the safety training programs including providing direction and achieving continuous improvement to meet safety, environmental, and operational training requirements.
- Oversees health and industrial hygiene programs (health screening, hearing exams, IH monitoring) for both Lake Charles and Houston Warehouse.
- Manages EHS tracking system; finds areas for improvement and includes other EHSS programs as needed; tracks corrective/preventive actions and works withsupervision on timely closure.
- Tracks EHSS data to find areas of improvement and implement actions accordingly.
- Manages EHSS budget, tracks EHSS costs and communicates to management; finds opportunities for cost savings and initiate implementation (Six Sigma & Lean).
- Reviews all plant maintenance and capital modifications to ensure compatibility with the overall EHS and PSM compliance.
- Identifies, interprets, and reviews EHSS legal and other requirements and implements programs/procedures to ensure compliance.
- Works to maintain the mechanical integrity of the fire safety system and plant infrastructure.
- Oversees the contractor safety program.
Required Education/Experience/Certifications Required/Sought:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science, Safety Engineering, or Engineering (Chemical Engineering preferred)
- 6+ years of experience in an EHS role and/or 5+ years in leadership role in petro-chemical plants
- Professional safety and/or environmental certifications are desirable (CSP, CSSE, OHST, etc.)
Grace is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Grace via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Grace. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Grace as a result of the referral or through other means.
Requisition ID: 2525