We have a major manufacturing client that is seeking an Environmental Health & Safety Manager for a northeast Iowa plant-based position.
The position purpose is to establish and manage environmental and safety programs for the business unit that align with the corporate program and ensure Environmental and Safety regulatory compliance and reduce EHS risk. The successful candidate must be able to establish, communicate, implement, and measure EHS programs. Metrics include: Total recordable injuries, lost time injuries, workers compensation costs, Scorecard results and resource reduction.
- Develop and implement site specific Safety Programs related to: LOTO, Confined Space, Electrical Safety, Fall Protection, Powered Industrial Trucks, etc.
- Manage other Safety Initiatives: Safety Breaks, safety equipment inspections, ordering and stocking PPE, conducting regular safety walkthroughs to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Conducts safety audits and validations of buildings, facilities, tools and equipment. Determines safety training requirements and provides employees with safety training applicable to their work processes per company EH&S standards (training, regulatory compliance, risk reduction, and employee engagement). Prepare, schedule, and present OSHA and EHS Program trainings. Track required employee training and notify supervisors when training is incomplete.
- Lead site specific emergency response team.
- Provides input to Corporate wide EHS initiatives or projects.
- Review capital projects and provide EHS input.
- Perform ergonomics assessments and corrective actions.
- Assists Engineering Manager with ISN contractor safety management.
- Investigates accidents for root cause and promotes safety-conscious work performance.
- Provides and reports monthly safety performance measures.
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Occupational Health & Safety, Industrial Hygiene or Engineering or related field
- 3+ EHS Management experience in a manufacturing environment
- Leads and conducts EHS Safety Committee meetings.
- Conducts routine compliance inspections and complete reporting requirements for required environmental compliance programs (Ex: Storm water, SPCC, Tier II, spill reporting, etc.).
- Must possess strong leadership skills, problem solving skills, and decision-making skills
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills at various levels of the company
- Strong computer skills, including usage of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Effective communication skills for working cross-functionally in a fast-paced work environment
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Certified Safety Professional
Travel: Less than 10% per year