Environmental Health & Safety Manager
About Taylor Fresh Foods, Inc.
Taylor Fresh Foods, Inc. is dedicated to being North America’s favorite maker of salads and healthy fresh foods. Our “Taylor Family” includes nearly 12,000 team members who are passionate about making high quality, great tasting products for families across North America. As we continue to rapidly grow, we have a career opportunity available for a talented and motivated individual to join our Taylor Farms Pacific team as a Environmental Health and Safety Manager, located in Tracy, California.
About the Role
The Environmental Health and Safety Manager oversees the development and implementation of all the health and safety programs at Taylor Farms Pacific. This person ensures compliance with government safety regulations and industry standards while working alongside plant and quality assurance leadership. Overall, the EH&S Manager needs to be focused on the safety of the employees and consumers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure Taylor farms Specific maintains an “audit ready” state of compliance with Taylor Farms and governmental standards.
- Remain up-to-date on newest industry regulations.
- Frequently conduct safety trainings for all employees
- Improve and streamline current processes as needed
- Promotes a safe and environmentally sound workplace that complies with all applicable federal, state and local regulations.
- Provides management of employees directly or through supervisors to ensure effective selection, retention, development, disciplinary action and performance management.
- Cooperates in a cross-functional manner as a change agent with all departments and other plant facilities within the Company.
- Ensures compliance with all procedures internal to Taylor Farms and from national suppliers.
- Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager, including planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating and delegating.
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years experiencerequired
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) preferred, or other professional certification
- Deep understanding of legal health and safety guidelines with experience in creating and developing safety programs from the ground up
- Keen ability to evaluate a safety program, determine what improvements should be made, and create training processes
- Ability to follow Continuous Improvement (CI) Processes in the Management Operating Structure
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs; ability to lead others through change
- Strong team player and leader, with the ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines
- Ability to select, coach, develop, engage and retain a team of employees
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills, with strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills with strong ability to effectively communicate complex topics in a clear and concise manner
- Bilingual English/Spanish